Windows 10: what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices:

Discus and support what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you fix a 35848 - Error discovering network devices: The requested service was not found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StevenRawlinson, Oct 8, 2018.

1. what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices:

How do you fix a 35848 - Error discovering network devices: The requested service was not found.

:)

StevenRawlinson, Oct 8, 2018

2. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices: [​IMG]

putermaker, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Network discovering

I have encountered this problem on a few occasions - I have changed my router

No error messages

I have tried switching the Media server off and on

I have examined the network options to ensure 'discover' is on

I have rebooted my Dell laptop and the router

I am using Version 1709 of Windows 10

MikeNiblett, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Carnivore Win User

what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices:

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices:

1. what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices: - Similar Threads - 35848 Error discovering

2. IPAD and Windows 11 Discovering Devices though the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPAD and Windows 11 Discovering Devices though the network: Hi,I use my IPAD for music production and after reinstalling Windows, the iPad cannot see the DESKTOP PC and Vice VersaI am using an iPad air connected via Wireless and a PC connected via Ethernet to the same Private network.Switching the Firewall on / off does nothing.here...
  3. IPAD and Windows 11 Discovering Devices though the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IPAD and Windows 11 Discovering Devices though the network: Hi,I use my IPAD for music production and after reinstalling Windows, the iPad cannot see the DESKTOP PC and Vice VersaI am using an iPad air connected via Wireless and a PC connected via Ethernet to the same Private network.Switching the Firewall on / off does nothing.here...
  4. Network discover issues after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discover issues after reset?: I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until I unenrolled from the Microsoft Insider Program on the primary pc. I've already scoured the support forums, network discovery...
  5. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?: Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now. I have a Desktop HP All-In-One running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"connected to the internet through a Bell Home Hub 2000 Router. Wired...
  6. Network computers not being discovered

Network computers not being discovered: Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. I have 3 computers A and B and C as follows A Win 10 Pro ver 1803 (MAIN) B Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (SLAVE) C Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (NUC) all connected by ethernet cable to a switch, the switch is then ethernet connected to the...
  7. Windows 10 network discovered computers error 0x80070035

Windows 10 network discovered computers error 0x80070035: Hi There, I'm having an issue where some computers on our network are not talking to each other. Using one computer as an example, it's been able to discover all computers on the network browser, but when I click to open that computer it gives 0x80070035 error (The...
  8. Network Discover issues

Network Discover issues: Three of my four workgroup PCs discover all the others, but one only discovers itself and one other. One of these has full access to all the shares on all the others, but none of the others have any access except to themselves and to the Netgear ReadyShare. I have...
  9. What is this network device?

What is this network device?: I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it). I clicked on the device and was able to view the...
  10. Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network

Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network: My problem is rather strange and one I haven't come across before. Today, out of the blue, my PC stopped being discovered by other devices on the home network; the Plex media server and Unified Remote servers running on the computer are being discovered by their respective...