Windows 10: What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

Discus and support What is a good free antivirus or free trial ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by toronto-maple-leafs-fan, Jan 5, 2019.

1. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam these antivirus security programs do more damage than viruses. these programs have cost me money to repair my laptop and one just didnt work. the only scan that worked is a free trial of premium malwarebytes.

:)

toronto-maple-leafs-fan, Jan 5, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 5, 2019
  3. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

Antivirus for N95

hi all

what do u think about antivirus for N95

any suggestions?

for now im using F-Secure-trial version

spider77---01, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

1. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ? - Similar Threads - free antivirus free

2. Free Trials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free Trials: How do I tell what MS trials I have in effect?> When do they expire, and how much will I be charged? How do I cancel them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-trials/79bf1cea-d159-44d9-a538-4badc4ac1f1b
  3. Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.: Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-good-free-antivirus-for-windows-10/40ab8912-55cb-403e-99b3-36f905e398c0
  4. free trial

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    free trial: Hi I was given the advice to download macrium reflect free trial,the trial only last for so long so what do you do when your trial has ended,how can you use your back up image you make? 177618
  5. WHAT IS A GOOD, FREE SOUND DRIVER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHAT IS A GOOD, FREE SOUND DRIVER: I HAVE AN OLS FACTORY AUDIO DRIVER. AND I NEED A DEEPER RICHER SOUND. WITHOUT HAVEING TO ADD AN EXTERNAL DEVICE?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-good-free-sound-driver/845d7e98-51b2-4c1a-bcba-2ce7af31e185
  6. realm free trial

realm free trial: I am trying to use me month trial of realms on java but cant get mojang to accept my credit card."There was an error when saving Card information IllegalArgumentException: There was a problem processing your credit card, please double check your data and try again." is the...
  7. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?: I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I decided to uninstall it. Do you know any good alternatives?...
  8. Minecraft free trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft free trial: I am trying to download the minecraft free trial. I press get free trial then it loads a bit and says you have a trial for this game then next to it is a button that says install on my devices but when I press that it says that there are no applicable devices and shows a...
  9. free antivirus

free antivirus: Does any user recommend a free safe and effective virus scan and remover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/free-antivirus/d94a80f9-b74b-4ff2-9bbe-5f54d6106b66
  10. minecraft free trial

minecraft free trial: I want to download the minecraft free trial but when i have to select a device my laptop does not appear. Any suggestions as to why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-free-trial/40c03ebf-78e6-4d0e-bf03-61d9c805a2fa"