Windows 10: What is a good free application to open .rar files?

Discus and support What is a good free application to open .rar files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What is a good free application to open .rar files? I would like some suggestions from the experts of reddit. submitted by /u/julius_33 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/julius_33, May 22, 2020.

1. What is a good free application to open .rar files?

What is a good free application to open .rar files? I would like some suggestions from the experts of reddit.

submitted by /u/julius_33
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/julius_33, May 22, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 22, 2020
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Burning RAR file to DVD?

Hi Harry,

With Windows, RAR files can only be opened using a third party application. You can check online for different applications that works with Windows to open RAR files.

To burn files to a DVD in Window 10, you can try these steps:

• Right-click the file and select Send to then DVD
      Drive.
    • Open File Explorer, select your DVD
      drive, and then select Finish burning.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, May 22, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

What is a good free application to open .rar files?

How to use 7zip to open RAR files

7zip is opening zip files without problems. These are all for downloaded (not saved files).
    When attempting to open RAR files the screen will only flash.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling 7zip had no impact.
    Downloading and installing winzip makes it the default application then RAR files open.
    Un-installation of winzip making 7zip the default application allows it to open zip but not RAR.
    This is an image of attempted manual right click.
    It asks for the application to open the file. 7zip is selected and the screen flashes.
    Switching browsers from Chrome to IE has no impact.

What is a good free application to open .rar files? [​IMG]

zbook, May 22, 2020
Thema:

What is a good free application to open .rar files?

1. What is a good free application to open .rar files? - Similar Threads - free application open

2. What is a good application for searching Windows file contents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is a good application for searching Windows file contents?: Hello What is a good application for searching the contents (not just the file names) of Windows 10 files? I am looking for an alternative to X1 Search. I want something that indexes all my files and therefore has fast results. J 179319
  3. What is a good application for searching Windows file contents?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is a good application for searching Windows file contents?: Hello What is a good application for searching the contents (not just the file names) of Windows 10 files? I am looking for an alternative to X1 Search. I want something that indexes all my files and therefore has fast results. J 179319
  4. WHAT IS A GOOD, FREE SOUND DRIVER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHAT IS A GOOD, FREE SOUND DRIVER: I HAVE AN OLS FACTORY AUDIO DRIVER. AND I NEED A DEEPER RICHER SOUND. WITHOUT HAVEING TO ADD AN EXTERNAL DEVICE?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-good-free-sound-driver/845d7e98-51b2-4c1a-bcba-2ce7af31e185
  5. Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer?: I tried to switch around some stuff because my .rar's opened as Windows Media Players application. I attempted to find the explorer .exe. I found it and it said this. [ATTACH]...
  6. rar files opening with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rar files opening with Internet Explorer: I want My rar files to open with Internet Explorer but I accidentally got them opening with Internet Explorer. I want them to return to opening with Files Explorer....
  7. Is There A Good Free File Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There A Good Free File Manager?: I need help organising some files. I have a directory of some 6000 pdf files. I need them organised by author, which is in the filename. I'm currently going down the list, finding an author with 50 or more to his name, creating a folder by that name and then selecting all...
  8. Rar files opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Rar files opening in Notepad: I play games such as Sims 4 and I download custom content. A good portion of the stuff I download are RAR files. I accidentally clicked "Always open with notepad" and I can no longer get it to be just a normal file. I would like to know how to make it not open as a notepad...
  9. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?: I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam these antivirus security programs do more damage than viruses. these programs have cost me money to repair my laptop and one...
  10. Opening rar. files

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening rar. files: hello... how do I open a rar. file safety. I realize that I need an App but to do this but I'm aware that I may download other bumf when I do. So what I'm trying to say can you direct me to a a safe site ... free of coarse ...Joe 63168