Windows 10: What is a good freeware Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)?

Discus and support What is a good freeware Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello What is a good freeware (or freemium) Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)? e.g. Are these sort of things safe, reliable and free from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ship69, Nov 16, 2020.

1. ship69 Win User

What is a good freeware Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)?

Hello

What is a good freeware (or freemium) Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)?

e.g. Are these sort of things safe, reliable and free from malware?
    - Driver Booster
    - Driver Genius
    - DriverPack
    - Snappy Driver Installer

Background
    I have a 6-yearold Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook (NP740U3E-S04UK).
    I have been having HUGE problems with brightness control and keyboard (e.g. Alt/F4 started to fail). See my other thread ( Why has my Laptop suddenly started running slow ).
    After literally days and days battling with all this, I have worked out that if I don't update windows to beyone v1809 (KB4586793 - October 2018), then I can still control my laptop's screen brightness using Fn/F2 and FnF3. However it is also important to NOT apply the latest version of the driver for the AMD graphics card, or I will be locked out of the computer completely.

Samsung has been extremely unhelpful.
    The free AMD update utility turns my laptop into a brick.

It is clear that Windows Update is not updating ALL the new drivers for my hardware, so it looks like I need a special utility to update them all. I am worried that if I don't update my Windows 10 to beyond v1808, that I may have other problems (e.g. the computer getting hacked, or applications like msOffice may not work correctly...)

Thanks

J

:)

ship69, Nov 16, 2020

2. Freeware for mankind!

POV Ray is another good 3D image and animation software.

http://www.povray.org/

This site list a good number of freeware and shareware graphics and photo editiors of which some have already been listed here in this thread.

http://www.freebyte.com/graphicprograms/

At guru you can get benchmarks, tweaks, and other utilities along with vid card drivers and mobo chipset drivers.

Guru3D.com

Good list so far. *Big Grin What is a good freeware Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)? :D

Rabidwerewolf, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Siddhagod Win User
    Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. What is a good freeware Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)? - Similar Threads - freeware Driver Updater

2. WHAT IS A GOOD, FREE SOUND DRIVER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHAT IS A GOOD, FREE SOUND DRIVER: I HAVE AN OLS FACTORY AUDIO DRIVER. AND I NEED A DEEPER RICHER SOUND. WITHOUT HAVEING TO ADD AN EXTERNAL DEVICE?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-good-free-sound-driver/845d7e98-51b2-4c1a-bcba-2ce7af31e185
  3. What is a good freeware Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)?

What is a good freeware Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)?: Hello What is a good freeware (or freemium) Driver Updater utility for Windows 10 (x64)? e.g. Are these sort of things safe, reliable and free from malware? - Driver Booster - Driver Genius - DriverPack - Snappy Driver Installer Background I have a 6-yearold Samsung...
  4. What's a good windows update version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's a good windows update version?: I'm using 1903 right now but want to switch it to the newest one, (2004) because of sound issues. Is it good or will my pc burn? I've heard bad things about it. submitted by /u/actuallyjake [link] [comments]...
  5. Please Recommend me a Good File Recovery Freeware..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Recommend me a Good File Recovery Freeware..: I just deleted a very important file on my PC. It is the Login Credentials.xlsx file where I put all my login details. I am on Windows 10. Can anyone recommend me a good freeware to recover my file? For just one single file I don't want to spend money on paid software....
  6. Drivers & Utilities Software Updater

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers & Utilities Software Updater: hello all out there , i am curious if we have any legit application to scan our windows/system for any updates like usb/audio/etc devices. there are thousand in the web but unfortunately they are all scams......
  7. What's a good utility to display files/folders and save to Excel?

What's a good utility to display files/folders and save to Excel?: In the past I've used Karen's Directory Printer to save to file an Excel or a CSV file. My objective is to have a file to accompany each of my retired HDDs that helps in my file hoarding curse. I've kept old files due to inexpensive HDDs and my paranoia of losing something...
  8. Driver Update utilities?

Driver Update utilities?: There are numbers of driver scanning and updating software to download in the Internet, like this: Free Driver Scanner | Windows Driver Update and Driver Download Software for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP Are they trustable? Which one would be the best? I prefer free one but...
  9. any good speech-to-text freeware?

any good speech-to-text freeware?: I use speech to text frequently with my iPhone because I don't do well with the virtual keyboard. and I like the autocorrect for thingls like dont and cant. I'm pretty good with my desktop REAL keyboard, but I just got a microphone after my upgrade to Windows 10 and Cortana....
  10. Driver update Utility

Driver update Utility: All: I have a program that wants to update my drivers. It said it found 3 drivers that were outdated & wanted to update them! I said yes with some trepidation, then it asked for my Email address! That's were I stopped & backed out & cancelled the whole thing! In...