Windows 10: What is a good type of adapter for making a wifi hotspot

Discus and support What is a good type of adapter for making a wifi hotspot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; External, ethernet, usb? When I check netsh for "hosted network supported" on my laptop internal wifi adapter, it isn't (QCA9377, Aspire 3, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AllenB, Jun 22, 2021.

1. AllenB Win User

What is a good type of adapter for making a wifi hotspot

External, ethernet, usb? When I check netsh for "hosted network supported" on my laptop internal wifi adapter, it isn't (QCA9377, Aspire 3, Windows 1803). Can I find a workaround for the internal adapter of should I buy something else?

:)

AllenB, Jun 22, 2021

2. 2 WiFi adapters, one to receive, the other as hotspot

Hi,

Using the external WiFi adapter as the receiver and the laptop's build in WiFi as the hotspot in Windows 10 is a great recommendation. Moreover, if you wish this feature to be included in the upcoming updates, we encourage you to submit your comments and suggestion
    on our Windows Feedback hub. Your feedback will help us improve our ability to serve you and other users of Windows. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar.
    • Type some keywords from your issue in the box marked Search for feedback and press
      Enter.
    • If you find your issue, upvote it. If you don't find it, select Add new feedback, then fill out the form.
    Regards.

Monica Cam, Jun 22, 2021
  3. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 22, 2021
  4. What is a good type of adapter for making a wifi hotspot

mobile hotspot enabling

Hello,

This error may occur if your WiFi adapter does not support the Mobile hotspot feature. To check if it is supported, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this netsh wlan show drivers and hit Enter.
    • In the results, look for Hosted network supported and check if it says
      Yes or No.
    Note: Your WiFi adapters supports Mobile hotspot if it says Yes.

If the WiFi adapter supports Mobile hotspot, we can reinstall the network adapter to resolve your concern. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Select Network adapters.
    • Double-click the Network adapter name.
    • Under Driver tab, click Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling the driver, restart your PC.

After your PC restarts, Windows will automatically look for and install the network adapter driver.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

What is a good type of adapter for making a wifi hotspot

1. What is a good type of adapter for making a wifi hotspot - Similar Threads - type adapter making

2. What Microsoft Official Apps Are Good for Making YTPMVs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Microsoft Official Apps Are Good for Making YTPMVs?: I've been looking for any non-paid Microsoft official video apps besides Sony Vegas, and so far, none. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-microsoft-official-apps-are-good-for-making/2e077bff-d7a9-4047-9ed8-86e3ae22a118
  3. What Microsoft Official Apps Are Good for Making YTPMVs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Microsoft Official Apps Are Good for Making YTPMVs?: I've been looking for any non-paid Microsoft official video apps besides Sony Vegas, and so far, none. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-microsoft-official-apps-are-good-for-making/2e077bff-d7a9-4047-9ed8-86e3ae22a118
  4. What is a good type of adapter for making a wifi hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is a good type of adapter for making a wifi hotspot: External, ethernet, usb? When I check netsh for "hosted network supported" on my laptop internal wifi adapter, it isn't (QCA9377, Aspire 3, Windows 1803). Can I find a workaround for the internal adapter of should I buy something else? 181475
  5. HotSpot and WiFi

HotSpot and WiFi: Everytime I restart my laptop the wifi button is greyed out and the when clicking on the hotspot it keeps loading and nothing happens. I ran over some answers on this and found some cmd commands to reset the firewall and others and it works too. But on restarting the same...
  6. is this what makes a good operating system?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is this what makes a good operating system?: i just rebooted. I am trying to do something. My computer is being bogged down. I open task maanger and OMG so many redundant useless windows process, over 20 using 10-30% CPU for no reason. NO REASON. Office telementary using 30% CPU? Why Just an endless amount of useless...
  7. Wifi Hotspot

Wifi Hotspot: I cant start my wifi hotspot, when i go into setting and turn it on, it said we cant setup hotspot, is work well after a month but then suddenly it decide to stop working, i tried to do anything on the internet, nothing work, hosted network when i check netsh wlan show...
  8. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: when I on my laptop hotspot I cant connect on any mobile but internet is work onlaptop plz help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot/deeb07f8-b396-413f-8f65-97cbcfd7a967
  9. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: hi ive got a problem with my hp g60 laptop ,I cant turn my wifi hotspot on ,it keeps saying ,unable to turn wifi hotspot on ,,,, need help ,,,,how do you fix this and ive downloaded the wireless drivers twice ,still didn't work...
  10. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and...