Windows 10: what is a .ini icon?

Discus and support what is a .ini icon? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterHoldway, Sep 9, 2018.

1. what is a .ini icon?

I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them?

:)

PeterHoldway, Sep 9, 2018
  2. nuva Win User

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin what is  a .ini icon? :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

nuva, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Teddy2001 Win User

what is a .ini icon?

"INI File Error" Enquiry

Hello Fernando,

The step was connected usb between computer and printer. The computer try to detect printer. Then the error message had showed "INI File Error". I will try to download the driver and software again. Hope this could solve. Thank you.

Teddy

Teddy2001, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

what is a .ini icon?

1. what is a .ini icon? - Similar Threads - ini icon

2. MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?: Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create a shortcut through Windows Explorer, but because of this it slows the activation. Also, I would prefer it to be in the...
  3. MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?: Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create a shortcut through Windows Explorer, but because of this it slows the activation. Also, I would prefer it to be in the...
  4. Icons Missing (displayed as blank white pages)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons Missing (displayed as blank white pages): My current PC status: (purchased new in October 2018 with Windows preinstalled) Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 (latest update as of Jan. 21, 2019) OS Build: 17134.556 My Problem: File icons (both in the File Explorer & on the Desktop) are showing up as blank...
  5. Open Icon from Taskbar to Same Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Icon from Taskbar to Same Screen: I want to know if it's possible to automatically open an app from the taskbar to the same screen that icon is on. This can be done by hiding the icon on every screen but the one that application is hidden on using the settings, but I was wondering if it can be done while...
  6. Brightness Icon is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Icon is missing: Brightness Icon isn't shown near battery but shown on notifications bar only how to solve that or drag it near battery ,I have windows 10 by the way Thanks [ATTACH]...
  7. power icon missing. gray in settings. can't turn on. Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power icon missing. gray in settings. can't turn on. Help: I have asked cortana, windows help. U tube. Nothing is working to get the power icon back on the task bar. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-icon-missing-gray-in-settings-cant-turn-on/29507b08-fbaf-4c82-9746-e9894d8b0db1
  8. Modify INI files in Ark WInows store folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify INI files in Ark WInows store folder.: I am trying to edit the Ini files for Ark survival evolved. I am trying to make the in game non-dedicated server player distance larger as it is currently prohibitively small . Unfortunately I don't have permissions to edit these files. (I am admin) and it is causing me...
  9. 1803 - Can't set vim as default app for .txt, .log, or .ini files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1803 - Can't set vim as default app for .txt, .log, or .ini files.: I've tried doing it the same way I've done in the past - right click, open with, check the box to "always use this program." It opens in the requested program, but doesn't change the default. Okay. Fine. I go into settings to choose default apps by file type. Scroll down to...
  10. "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.: hello new to PCs in general. Wanted to change some setting in order to get a game running (at the end of video)- Prince Of Persia 2008 : How To Set Resolution And Fix The Loading Problem - YouTube but when going into /C drive where the game is placed and do the change to...