Windows 10: What is a Microsoft UPPS file?

Discus and support What is a Microsoft UPPS file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying a new realtime antivirus since yesterday. If I set it to "Detect suspicious files and warn about system changes", it notifies me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jjftvijjf775f43, May 16, 2019.

1. What is a Microsoft UPPS file?

I'm trying a new realtime antivirus since yesterday.

If I set it to "Detect suspicious files and warn about system changes", it notifies me periodically of this:

"Modified Folder
    Folder: C:\Users\ [me]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UPPS\ File: UPPS.bin [Time of day]"

This occurs several times per hour. It does not occur when I set it to "Detect suspicious files" which is omitting "...and warn about system changes".

I've tried searches but can't find an explanation of what the UPPS folder is and what sort of system change the antivirus is observing.

:)

jjftvijjf775f43, May 16, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 16, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 16, 2019
  4. malware Win User

What is a Microsoft UPPS file?

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, May 16, 2019
Thema:

What is a Microsoft UPPS file?

1. What is a Microsoft UPPS file? - Similar Threads - Microsoft UPPS file

2. Random programs coming upp on my task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random programs coming upp on my task bar: 2 days ago maybe 3 i was home and the power went out and after the power got back on i turned on my computer, and it started updating. I was confused but didnt think much bout it. After it was done i got a feeling that i needed to look at the task bar. I looked and saw...
  3. Random programs coming upp on my task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random programs coming upp on my task bar: 2 days ago maybe 3 i was home and the power went out and after the power got back on i turned on my computer, and it started updating. I was confused but didnt think much bout it. After it was done i got a feeling that i needed to look at the task bar. I looked and saw...
  4. What is this file?

What is this file?: I was looking at my folder and noticed a text file named "elevoc_dnn_kernal". Does anyone know whats this file is for? also it is located in the D:driveNotice from Japanese moderatorThis question was posted in the Japanese forum ja-jp, so I'll move it....
  5. What are these files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are these files?: I was listening to a playlist, and I wanted to add some more music. I accessed my personal account's folder the one located under "C:\Users" and I found two files with a blank name, which apparently are empty, and I can't interact with them. I can't drag them into another...
  6. What are these files?

What are these files?: What is RCappdataps1?What is $$_system32_confic_systemprofile?what is $$_syswow64_config_systemprofile?Sorry, I'm not good at tech.Thank you and have a nice week! :** moved from Virus and Malware **...
  7. Information technology Class.. error message poping upp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Information technology Class.. error message poping upp: I have a error message since last month and I need help..I'm tryina do my project and the error message that poping up dragging all my project...Here are the error message reads....Enterprise Manager configuration failed due to following error1: Error starting database...
  8. Information technology Class.. error message poping upp

Information technology Class.. error message poping upp: I have a error message since last month and I need help..I'm tryina do my project and the error message that poping up dragging all my project...Here are the error message reads....Enterprise Manager configuration failed due to following error1: Error starting database...
  9. what is this file ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is this file ?: Hello , anyone can tell me please what is this file and what his job in windows because i have deleted it by mistake the file name is opera.browser and cant open it directly so i used notepad and file path is here...
  10. What are these files?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these files?: Hi I have noticed (and been aware of these type of files for some time) which reside in C:\Users\My Name. There are 26 files which were created on 15 Nov 2015, 16,18 Dec 2015, 19,29 Jan 2016, 23,27 Feb 2016, and 3,27 March 2016. I have checked and all but 16 Dec,19,29...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upps.bin

2. windows 10 upps.bin disable

3. upps.bin file

4. upps.bin windows 10,
  5. AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UPPS\UPPS.bin,
  6. file:///C:/Users/Marvin/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/UPPS/UPPS.bin,
  7. what is microsoft windows upps