Windows 10: What is a proxy server and why might I want to use one?

Discus and support What is a proxy server and why might I want to use one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is a proxy server and why might I want to use one?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DougK2day, Jan 6, 2021.

1. DougK2day Win User

What is a proxy server and why might I want to use one?

:)

DougK2day, Jan 6, 2021
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Proxy server

• For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they
      ran some tests, but to no avail. Any suggestions? It's a pain to have to redo this each day when I restart my laptop.

Daveydoodlebug, Jan 6, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

Thema:

1. What is a proxy server and why might I want to use one? - Similar Threads - proxy server why

2. Proxy Servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  3. Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do?

Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do?: Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-proxy-setup-use-a-proxy-server-will-not/9415b0e9-6eec-49b8-9c21-e1e34d71ba8b
  4. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  5. "Use a Proxy Server"

"Use a Proxy Server": System changes to "Use a Proxy Server" when I close out a session and then log back in. This change also often happens when I am in the middle of a session. This is extremely annoying and frustrating. How can I turn this OFF permanently? I appreciate any help. Thanks...
  6. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  7. What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?

What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?: What advantage is there to use a proxy server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-advantage-is-there-in-useing-a-proxy-server/b9bb959a-1fa0-4f27-8c7e-0780c04e7587
  8. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  9. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589
  10. "use a proxy server" doesn't save

"use a proxy server" doesn't save: Hi folks, I've been having issues lately with the "Use a proxy server" setting. Initially whenever I would set the slider to "off" and close settings, it wouldn't save. I found that the issue had to do with the UAC being enabled. After I disabled UAC, the setting could be...