Windows 10: What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"?

Discus and support What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 home/1909 (at the moment; feature update to 2004 is available, which I'll probably do after my next backup cycle at months' end).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davidk, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Davidk Win User

What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"?

Running Windows 10 home/1909 (at the moment; feature update to 2004 is available, which I'll probably do after my next backup cycle at months' end).

Windows 10 doesn't seem to support restore points. But I keep seeing 'scheduled checkpoint' entries in Ccleaner Tools/System restore.

What are they and who sets the schedule?

:)

Davidk, Jul 22, 2020
  2. Davidk Win User

The reason I asked about schedule checkpoints is because automatic creation of restore points before routine monthly updates is not happening. And it seems that feature doesn't happen in win10 after monthly updates. If it can be configured, no one I have asked about it on MS Answers can say how.

I upgraded to win10 home/1909 on 23 June. Since then there have been a number of routine MS updates installed, but no "restore point" automatically created when that happened.

Attached is a screenshot of cclean tools/system restore, showing 2 restore points I manually created, and 2 'scheduled checkpoints' over the period since upgrade. None of the checkpoints in that list meets the time criteria outlined in the referenced weblinks.

So, checkpoint is just another name for 'restore point'???

Davidk, Aug 4, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

- it does- just not enabled by default and often disabled after any upgrade.

Further, SR has become notorious for not completing a restore. It's great when it does work- my experience has been that it might sometimes fail to restore for a few months, then start working again on my older PC. (I rarely use a restore point, so don't have good data).

Tutorials support it - simply search
    Ten Forums - Tutorials
    for System restore - how to have one created on startup, on schedule (which I do).

If you have such a schedule set up, that may explain the name you are seeing. It is possible to name restore points as you wish.

You should see the same list of restore points here:

What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"? [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Davidk Win User

Running Windows 10 home/1909 (at the moment; feature update to 2004 is available, which I'll probably do after my next backup cycle at months' end).

Windows 10 doesn't seem to support restore points. But I keep seeing 'scheduled checkpoint' entries in Ccleaner Tools/System restore.

What are they and who sets the schedule?

Davidk, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"? - Similar Threads - scheduled Checkpoint

2. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  3. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  4. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft...: I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft folder. Where do I look to resend without scheduling now?...
  6. I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft...

I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft...: I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft folder. Where do I look to resend without scheduling now?...
  7. Video scheduler internal error since i dropped my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video scheduler internal error since i dropped my laptop: Hello, I recently dropped my laptop on the ground, and since i get this error followed by a complet rebbot with blue screen. I try to identify where the problem comes from. It is certainly a hardware problem Here is the dmp file analysis that i open in windbg :...
  8. Video scheduler internal error since i dropped my laptop

Video scheduler internal error since i dropped my laptop: Hello, I recently dropped my laptop on the ground, and since i get this error followed by a complet rebbot with blue screen. I try to identify where the problem comes from. It is certainly a hardware problem Here is the dmp file analysis that i open in windbg :...
  9. Video Scheduler Internal Error

Video Scheduler Internal Error: Hi,lately I've been experiencing BSODs after opening a specific Premiere Pro project contains mainly RED footage.Here are some minidump files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L5MUsonLl1RYiR8F0EIHmgkIBXiZAO2n?usp=sharingCan somebody please help me?System...
  10. What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What is a "scheduled Checkpoint"?: Running Windows 10 home/1909 (at the moment; feature update to 2004 is available, which I'll probably do after my next backup cycle at months' end). Windows 10 doesn't seem to support restore points. But I keep seeing 'scheduled checkpoint' entries in Ccleaner Tools/System...