Windows 10: What is ACPI driver?

Discus and support What is ACPI driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I found a program on SourceForge that supposed to find drivers that are not installed on the computer. I have a device that is labelled as unknown so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Miss Bad Wolf, Jul 24, 2017.

1. What is ACPI driver?

I found a program on SourceForge that supposed to find drivers that are not installed on the computer. I have a device that is labelled as unknown so I used this free software to figure it out. Apparently it requires an ACPI driver? What is it and what does it do?

:)

Miss Bad Wolf, Jul 24, 2017
  2. E.J.O. Win User

Drivers: What is the difference between ACPI for Windows 10 and Intel Chipset?

Someone suggested uninstalling ACPI and then reinstalling might fix a bug that is preventing my battery from charging in Windows 10. Another post seems to indicate that ACPI and Chipset Driver are the same thing, but it is not listed under Battery with ACPI
    but under IDE ATA/ATAP controllers (whatever that is).

I have two versions of Chipset for Windows 10, one from Intel's site via Microsoft and one from Lenovo, my computer, and they are not the same size. I think the Intel is the one I installed. Should I try the Lenovo version and see if that solves my problem,
    even though it doesn't seem to be directly related to energy management? I am so confused!

E.J.O., Jul 24, 2017
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Drivers: What is the difference between ACPI for Windows 10 and Intel Chipset?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I would like to inform you that you can run Windows update to install the latest drivers for your hardware devices. You may also go to the manufacturer website(Lenovo) and download the drivers.

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) is a power management specification developed by Intel, Microsoft, and Toshiba. ACPI, which will be part of the next version of Windows, enables the operating system to control the amount of power given to
    each device attached to the computer. With ACPI, the operating system can turn off peripheral devices, such as a CD-ROM players, when they're not in use.

As you have mentioned that you are facing issues with battery, I suggest you to either visit your manufacturer website and install the latest version of drivers or run Windows update.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 24, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

What is ACPI driver?

What is the make and model# of your computer?
    If your computer uses a UEFI Bios, then you may need the ACPI Driver ACPI - Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
    Go to the computer/motherboard manufacturers support/download drivers site, type in your model# and choose your version of Windows 10 (ie) 32bit or 64bit and download the ACPI driver for your model.

spunk, Jul 24, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Getting drivers for your system from sources other than MS, the device hardware manufacturer, or your OEM is risky. Please post what this program is and update your system specs so we have an idea what you have. At the bottom of any of your posts, you will see this:

What is ACPI driver? [​IMG]

Click on it, you will see this:

What is ACPI driver? [​IMG]

Click on it, follow the instructions, and fill in as much as possible. Make and model (complete) of your system is most important.

Thanks, TC

f14tomcat, Jul 24, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    spunk, Jul 24, 2017
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    The Windows ACPI driver, Acpi.sys, is an inbox component of the Windows operating system. The responsibilities of Acpi.sys include support for power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration. On hardware platforms that have an ACPI BIOS, the HAL causes Acpi.sys to be loaded during system startup at the base of the device tree. Acpi.sys acts as the interface between the operating system and the ACPI BIOS. Acpi.sys is transparent to the other drivers in the device tree. Other tasks performed by Acpi.sys on a particular hardware platform might include reprogramming the resources for a COM port or enabling the USB controller for system wake-up.

Shamelessly ripped off from:
    Acpi.sys: The Windows ACPI Driver (Windows Drivers)

8. What is ACPI driver?

I used to get that unknown device on my older ASUS desktop PC's. I hunted around the ASUS site and found the needed driver. Then did an update driver from device manager and pointed to the downloaded driver. Now its installed during setup, or shortly after via Windows update. I haven't had to install it manually for a while now. Not since I upgraded to Windows 10 "I think"? Memories not what it should be some times. Right click the unknown device in device manger, select update driver, and then let it look online. It will seem like its taking forever but just let it do its thing and see if you get lucky. If that doesn't work then go hunting for it. Looking at my saved drivers for that PC, ATK is what I think had the ACPI driver in it.

alphanumeric, Jul 24, 2017
  9. ACPI is required to properly shutdown, sleep, wakeup a computer, also to manage power profiles and etc.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is ACPI driver?

1. What is ACPI driver? - Similar Threads - ACPI driver

2. How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver": I formatted the notebook and it didn't come with the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver" and it doesn't show the battery percentage. I tried several methods but it didn't work, I'm wanting to download this Drive to be able to solve this problem. Support can't...
  3. How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver": I formatted the notebook and it didn't come with the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver" and it doesn't show the battery percentage. I tried several methods but it didn't work, I'm wanting to download this Drive to be able to solve this problem. Support can't...
  4. How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...: there is a long standing bug/issue which causing problems with nic in localized version of windowshttps://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774#note_1755558218how/where can this be reported to microsoft ?i tried with...
  6. Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...: there is a long standing bug/issue which causing problems with nic in localized version of windowshttps://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774#note_1755558218how/where can this be reported to microsoft ?i tried with...
  7. Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...

8. UCM-UCSI ACPI Device driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UCM-UCSI ACPI Device driver error: Hello, I have some problems with my HP 846 G9 laptop with Windows 11 22h2. My usb-type c ports have problems For the UCM-UCSI ACPI Device, it reports an error that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43. UCSI PPM failed to complete UCSI...
  9. UCM-UCSI ACPI Device driver error

UCM-UCSI ACPI Device driver error: Hello, I have some problems with my HP 846 G9 laptop with Windows 11 22h2. My usb-type c ports have problems For the UCM-UCSI ACPI Device, it reports an error that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43. UCSI PPM failed to complete UCSI...
  10. reinstall ACPI driver WIN 11

reinstall ACPI driver WIN 11: battery icon disappears in taskbar win 11 an dneed to reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-acpi-driver-win-11/93329592-10b1-4693-8943-8e08273a470b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what it is an ACPI driver