Windows 10: What is adminservice.exe/AtherosSvc is it a malware/trojan?

Discus and support What is adminservice.exe/AtherosSvc is it a malware/trojan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Alright i wanna start off by saying i know this has to be a malware already cause one, when i open services all the other programs running on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tyree47, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Tyree47 Win User

What is adminservice.exe/AtherosSvc is it a malware/trojan?

Alright i wanna start off by saying i know this has to be a malware already cause one, when i open services all the other programs running on my computer have a description this one doesn't.

This is what it says when i look at the details.

Service name: AtherosSvc

Display name: AtherosSvc

Description:

The description is blank, it doesn't say anything so that's why i'm not putting anything there, it's also makes it 10x times more weird.

Path to executable: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\AdminService.exe

Startup type: It was (automatic) But i since disabled it.

Service Status: It was running but i stopped it.

And when i go to the (Log on) Section of the details of this program/file.

It says...

Log on as: (Local System Account)

I also checked everything else out about this program and for recovery on it says (Take no action) on First failure, second failure and subsequent failures.

Also for (Dependencies) it says nothing, like it has no dependencies no programs or anything depend on this, which i also found really strange.

I did a file search i searched up where this program was located, it was located in system32/drivers.

It was created on: June ‎26, ‎2018, ‏‎5:03:28 AM

Modified: June ‎26, ‎2018, ‏‎5:03:28 AM

Accessed: June ‎26, ‎2018, ‏‎5:03:28 AM

Also the size of this file is: 406 KB (416,072 bytes)

And, The size on disk is: 408 KB (417,792 bytes)

And it's an .exe file.

I don't know if any of this helps just including it to make sure this a legit file or something or if this information will help someone help me to figure out if this is a safe program/file or not.

I went to the details of the file and for copyright it says: Microsoft Corporation. All Rights reserved.

So if this a legit microsoft file by any chance than it's extremely sketchy,

Also the original file name is: SETUPAPI.DLL

And i already did a virus/malware full scan, with malware bytes, and i'm currently doing a full scan with windows defender, than i'm gonna do a full scan with bitdefender, so hopefully it detects something, but if anyone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tyree47, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC

Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC | ZDNet

Borg 386, Jun 23, 2019
  4. What is adminservice.exe/AtherosSvc is it a malware/trojan?

Malware tprdpw64.exe after installing 7zip

Thank you for the reply and the suggestions. However neither link provided a working solution. I followed each set of instructions step by step, to the T, but the viruses are still there.

I killed the processes with Rkill as instructed, and it found and ended the malware process `tprdpw64.exe`. It, however, did nothing
    about the adware `svcvmx` & `svcvmx client` processes. After doing so I downloaded and installed Zemana, as instructed, and let it do a full system scan. Might I add that this took over
    10 hours to complete, as I have 1,396,541 files on my PC, so this whole thing wasted nearly half a day of my time with no results.

Zemana detected the malware virus `tprdpw64.exe` located at "C:\WINDOWS\System32\tprdpw64.exe"
    (among other, smaller "threats"), and labeled it as malware. After it finished the scan, it said it has placed all files into quarantine, including `tprdpw64.exe`.
    However, when checking the quarantine list `tprdpw64.exe` is
    not listed. I then decided to have Zemana remove the files in the
    quarantine list from my system and then rebooted my PC. It removed them all successfully, except for `tprdpw64.exe`
    which is still on my system, and still runs (I can still see it in task manager after rebooting). So the 10+ hours of waiting were all for nothing.

I then used Zemana's "drag-and-drop" feature to re-scan just `tprdpw64.exe`
    (in order to not have to wait 10+ hours again). It scanned it, and now says the file is not a threat (but it clearly is).

I then proceeded to step 2, using AdwCleaner to remove the adware. This did not work in the slightest. AdwCleaner did not detect the adware virus at all, and thus did nothing about it. I still cannot remove the viruses manually, either. However for some
    reason, the adware `svcvmx` & `svcvmx client` processes no longer seem to run (my PC has been on for about an hour, and the processes
    have yet to startup). However, even so the files are still on my file system and would like to delete them.

EDIT

I have just searched my registry, looking for any possible signs of tprdpw64 being listed, and there was nothing there.

Jon Barrow, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

What is adminservice.exe/AtherosSvc is it a malware/trojan?

1. What is adminservice.exe/AtherosSvc is it a malware/trojan? - Similar Threads - adminservice exe AtherosSvc

2. Trojan malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan malware: My PC contacted a Trojan malware script and I keep quarantining but nothing's working. My PC is currently malfunctioning and I have no clue what else to do. I also downloaded an Avira antivirus software but it couldn't get rid of the virus either. It's just somehow. Please...
  3. Trojan malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan malware: My PC contacted a Trojan malware script and I keep quarantining but nothing's working. My PC is currently malfunctioning and I have no clue what else to do. I also downloaded an Avira antivirus software but it couldn't get rid of the virus either. It's just somehow. Please...
  4. Trojan and Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan and Malware: Hello. So since 2/20/2022 my pc got a trojan virus and a malware and I think their located in chrome and windows power shell based on these screen shots. And idk how to fix this I have uninstalled both windows power shell and chrome. Then checked both the locations and some...
  5. Trojan and Malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan and Malware: Hello. So since 2/20/2022 my pc got a trojan virus and a malware and I think their located in chrome and windows power shell based on these screen shots. And idk how to fix this I have uninstalled both windows power shell and chrome. Then checked both the locations and some...
  6. Trojan and Malware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Trojan malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trojan malware: How do I know if windows defender removed it. I had trojan and clicked removed however it keeps saying it's still there after a rescan. submitted by /u/raichu957 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpwrj6/trojan_malware/
  8. Trojan malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan malware: So I am having problems with my laptop and its cursor that keeps freezing. I saw there had been some malware called Trojan which I used the windows security to get rid of and I thought that would have solved my problems. But my cursor is still freezing, my computer is now...
  9. Trojan Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Malware: Hello, apparently, my windows defender detected some threats, namely, Trojans, and therefore I took actions, but does that mean the threats are gone? Or are they still there. If they are, how can I remove them from my device, other than resettting my PC?...
  10. What is AdminService.exe/AtherosSvc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is AdminService.exe/AtherosSvc?: Answer: It is a Bluetooth driver of Atheros/Qualcomm. Atheros was acquired by Qualcomm in 2011 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualcomm_Atheros . The place of AdminService.exe may be "\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\". When I searched about AtherosSvc service, the first hit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. atherossvc

2. AtherosSvc AtherosSvc

3. atherossvc is trojan

4. how to remove atherossvc,
  5. atherossvc virus,
  6. adminservice.exe is it malware,
  7. artherossvc,
  8. what is atherossvc in services windows 10,
  9. atherossvc windows 10 remove,
  10. adminservice.exe/atherossvc windows 10,
  11. atherossvc windows 10,