Windows 10: What is Adobe GC Invoker Utility and how to disable AdobeGCClient.exe process?

Discus and support What is Adobe GC Invoker Utility and how to disable AdobeGCClient.exe process? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A large number of applications hook themselves to the Windows Startup process and load […] This article What is Adobe GC Invoker Utility and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 27, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

What is Adobe GC Invoker Utility and how to disable AdobeGCClient.exe process?

WinClub, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Devid Win User

Disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from starting at boot

1. Go to Services.msc (hit Win and write in search
      services.msc) and run it as Administrator. Here set Adobe Acrobat Update and Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Services to manuall.
    2. From Windows Task Manager → Start-up Tab disable the Adobe related programs.
    3. Download Autoruns utility and disable here also various Adobe related programs like Adobe Updater Startup Utility and Acrobat Assistant (AcroTray) and maybe Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer. But be careful, if you are not sure about something,
      then leave it be.
    4. Download ShellExView, go to Options and select Show 32-bit
      Shell Ex extensions. Now disable the Adobe Acrobat Create PDF from Selection, Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Helper and Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Toolbar. Now in Options deselect Show 32-bit Shell Extensions and disable again the above items plus Acrobat Elements Context Menu.
    5. Now Kill the AcroTray.exe from Task Manager. Sign out and Sign in into Windows. Open Task Manager and observe the Task Manager for AcroTray.exe entry. Right Click on some .pdf file (image or office file) on your desktop and you will see that AcroTray is not starting to run anymore in your Task Manager. If this is the case you made it!
    6. Run Task Scheduler, check for Adobe Tasks (if any) and disable them.

Explanation: The first, second and third step disable Adobe related programs from running at Windows OS startup. But AcroTray.exe is invoked by right clicking on files and folders (windows context menu). It is responsible for the Adobe related entries in the context menu. The biggest problem of all is that right clicking is much slower, because AcroTray.exe must be first started.

Now AcroTray.exe won't be starting anymore when right clicking on Files/Folders. But other programs might start AcroTray.exe if there is a dependency. For example if you open Outlook 2013 and navigate to the Tab Adobe PDF and select a item from here it will start AcroTray.exe.

The fourth step: stop invoking AcroTray.exe when right clicking on files

What is Adobe GC Invoker Utility and how to disable AdobeGCClient.exe process? 0FQkX.png

Devid, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Adobe software won't go away

Hi to all,

I had Adobe Creative Cloud installed onto my computer and uninstalled it the usual way using Windows 10 but then realized some remains were still here, notably
    Adobe GC invoker Utility and Adobe CollabSync

Even after running Adobe's software remover and using the command line, those two things are still here.

How to fully remove it?

Thanks again,

ThomasHelper1, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Andrewte Win User

SP4 Windows 10 - User input devices responsiveness FAIL. TERRIBLE experience.

Thanks for your answer Anne.

• I'm trying the clean boot option. I'm busy testing responsiveness. (I've stopped 8 services

Adobe Update Service,

Adobe Genuine Software Integrity,

Docker for Windows,

Intel Content Protection HECCI service and HDCP services

Google Update services - gupdate and gupdatem
    • Skyp Updater

and a few startup applications / service:

• Adobe Creative Cloud, GC Invoker Utility, Updater Startup Utility (these may have been disabled already)
    • OneDrive
    • Send to OneNote Tool
    • Windows Defender notification icon

So far the Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth mouse seems to be responding better. It' doesn't seem to be missing clicks now, BUT I'm still getting the mouse curser stopping responding now ant then.

Still need to test the other things

Andrewte, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. What is Adobe GC Invoker Utility and how to disable AdobeGCClient.exe process? - Similar Threads - Adobe Invoker Utility

2. What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?: I saw it in task manager. I can't find it online. It had a NordVPN icon. I couldn't find it in any NordVPN file folders though.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-0vfo21l0exe-process/7ac9861c-3e18-4b41-8a11-8e7c10860d40
  3. What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?: I saw it in task manager. I can't find it online. It had a NordVPN icon. I couldn't find it in any NordVPN file folders though.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-0vfo21l0exe-process/7ac9861c-3e18-4b41-8a11-8e7c10860d40
  4. How to disable the .exe file updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the .exe file updating?: I have .exe file on my Windows 10. This program updates sometimes, but it works without updates and I do not want to use it with updates. Can you help me to disable .exe file updating?...
  5. How to disable the .exe file updating?

How to disable the .exe file updating?: I have .exe file on my Windows 10. This program updates sometimes, but it works without updates and I do not want to use it with updates. Can you help me to disable .exe file updating?...
  6. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  7. How to disable windows services exe

How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  8. What handles audio exe/process/whatever in Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What handles audio exe/process/whatever in Windows?: The idea here is that my sounds occasionally begins badly cracking. Rebooting computer helps, but I am looking for something simpler that I could reboot so that I wouldn't need to reboot whole Windows. As comparable to what I am looking for, if my desktop freaks out,...
  9. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  10. CPU Util/usage: what is "System Interrupts" process....

in Windows 10 Support
    CPU Util/usage: what is "System Interrupts" process....: while trying to figure why current Goog Chrome eats cpu's, I was surprised to see a generic "System Interrupts" listed in Task Manager in windows 10, constantly munching 40-50% of cpu - with no identity or info shown..... what is that? a logging util for feedback? debugger?...