Windows 10: What is AMD Special Tools Driver

Discus and support What is AMD Special Tools Driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; After swapping from an AMD to NVidia GPU and uninstalling the AMD drivers, I'm left with this autorun entry for AMD Special Tools Driver. What is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Steve C, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

What is AMD Special Tools Driver

After swapping from an AMD to NVidia GPU and uninstalling the AMD drivers, I'm left with this autorun entry for AMD Special Tools Driver. What is it for? I've disabled it with no obvious effects.

What is AMD Special Tools Driver [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 30, 2019
  3. AMD Driver for Windows 10 not Functioning

Hi,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problems with AMD Drivers.

Please follow the steps given below to resolve this issue.

Uninstall and Reinstall the AMD
    Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the AMDDrivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the AMDDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.
    On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    AMDDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

AMD Graphic Driver

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist try to install in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. What is AMD Special Tools Driver - Similar Threads - AMD Special Tools

2. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  3. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  4. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what is special velvet b

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is special velvet b: i was it i put it up on virus total and it was dected i cant delet because it going thru my files and i found is allways open even with taskkill and taskmanager please help...
  6. what is special velvet b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is special velvet b: i was it i put it up on virus total and it was dected i cant delet because it going thru my files and i found is allways open even with taskkill and taskmanager please help...
  7. what is special velvet b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD driver: hey So, my amd driver is from last year, figured I should update it. a few error's and help pages later, I download wushowhide.diagcab to hide said update. because windows wants to install this outdated driver claiming its the newest. but that microsoft tool cant see said...
  9. AMD DRIVER

in Windows 10 Customization
    AMD DRIVER: processorCPU- AMD Ryzen 5 355oH with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx Average speed - 2.110 GHzGPU 0 - Radeon RX 560XGPU 1 - AMD RadeonTM Vega 8 graphic RAM - 8gb when it comes and I installed 16 GB ram nowAnd my question is When you right-click on AMD icon I mean on the right in...
  10. Amd driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amd driver: I want to change Intel to Amd[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver/c102a49a-2152-4aa3-af5e-04e2e75f2371

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd epecial tools driver

2. amd special tools