Windows 10: What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?

Discus and support What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop and to keep track of my drive's health, I installed HD Tune Pro to scan. It's been 2 weeks since I got the laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChaitanyaBathia, Mar 18, 2022.

1. What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?

I recently got a new laptop and to keep track of my drive's health, I installed HD Tune Pro to scan. It's been 2 weeks since I got the laptop and HDTunePro says I've had 12 unsafe shutdowns. I saw the records yesterday and the count was 11. This means everytime I shutdown my laptop, it registers as an unsafe shutdown. I am worried and I want to fix it. Please help me out here. The details are below:HD Tune Pro: ST1000LM049-2GH172 Health ID Current Worst ThresholdData Status 01 Raw Read Error Rate 55 51 6 163027717

:)

ChaitanyaBathia, Mar 18, 2022
  2. DrPepper Win User

SSD and unsafe shutdowns

I didn't think unsafe shutdowns affected SSD's at all. It could be intel just covering their ass. I'm scared my SSD will wear out after the warrenty as well and I've had alot of unsafe restarts.

DrPepper, Mar 18, 2022
  3. AsRock Win User
    SSD and unsafe shutdowns

Maybe MS are to blame for them ?.

What worry's me maybe they can say the drives been misused. Actually thinking of turning smart off lol.

AsRock, Mar 18, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?

SSD and unsafe shutdowns

Unlike HDDs how can this harm SSD's ?.

Reason i ask is that i used 2 Intel x25's for about 2 weeks now and intels program is reporting unsafe shutdowns and i only know of one which was due to a game screwing up.

Whats a bit more odd but could be explained by the SSD being turned of due to not being idle is one says it's had 20 unsafe shutdowns and the other 23.

It's bothering me due to what it's going be saying as after 2 years for example, and maybe effect the warranty ?.

Just noticed another thing

SSD 1(OS) has been on for 243 hours
    SSD 2 (Games) has been on for 106 hours

SSD 1(OS) Power cycle count 120
    SSD 2 (Games) Power cycle count 123

The unsafe and other numbers dont make such sense as both drives were brought and installed at the same time.

AsRock, Mar 18, 2022
Thema:

What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?

1. What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening? - Similar Threads - unsafe shutdown stop

2. How do I stop the BSOD from happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the BSOD from happening?: I have been dealing with the blue screen of death for multiple years now and I don't know how to fix it. Recently I've been looking into the bug checks and every time the bsod appears it always gives me these numbers: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00,...
  3. How do I stop the BSOD from happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the BSOD from happening?: I have been dealing with the blue screen of death for multiple years now and I don't know how to fix it. Recently I've been looking into the bug checks and every time the bsod appears it always gives me these numbers: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00,...
  4. How do I stop this from happening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop this from happening.: Hello to the forums. I run a dual boot Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, with Windows 7 and 10 installed. I have 2 hard drives, one for all the operating systems and one for files. The hard drive for files is being used with a DVD to SATA adapter. One of my family members needed to...
  5. How do I stop this from happening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop this from happening.: Hello to the forums. I run a dual boot Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, with Windows 7 and 10 installed. I have 2 hard drives, one for all the operating systems and one for files. The hard drive for files is being used with a DVD to SATA adapter. One of my family members needed to...
  6. How do I stop this from happening.

7. What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?: I recently got a new laptop and to keep track of my drive's health, I installed HD Tune Pro to scan. It's been 2 weeks since I got the laptop and HDTunePro says I've had 12 unsafe shutdowns. I saw the records yesterday and the count was 11. This means everytime I shutdown my...
  8. What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?

What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?: I recently got a new laptop and to keep track of my drive's health, I installed HD Tune Pro to scan. It's been 2 weeks since I got the laptop and HDTunePro says I've had 12 unsafe shutdowns. I saw the records yesterday and the count was 11. This means everytime I shutdown my...
  9. How do I stop this from happening?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop this from happening?: This happens several times during the day and I have to close and re-open, sometimes it opens properly sometimes I have to completely close to open properly. Its been like it for a few months now and no one I ask in the office seems to be able to sort it. I lose all the top...
  10. Unsafe shutdown SMART data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unsafe shutdown SMART data: Dear all, I have noticed that with fast startup enabled the SMART data on my NVME SSD for unsafe shutdowns increases everytime I shutdown. It does not increase on a restart or with fast startup disabled. I am running the latest BIOS for my ASUS motherboard, the latest...