Windows 10: What Is auto run.

Discus and support What Is auto run. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no Idea what Auto Run Is, and would like to know more about It. Is It safe to share? What do the colors mean? and Can It harm my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by #FoxleGaming, Oct 15, 2020.

1. What Is auto run.

I have no Idea what Auto Run Is, and would like to know more about It.

Is It safe to share?

What do the colors mean?

and

Can It harm my computer In anyway?

:)

#FoxleGaming, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps?

This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if regedit would be saved and it wasn't, this happens with any CMD I try to run, if I open to click on a previous CMD I am presented with an empty suggestion box.

What Is auto run. [​IMG]

I searched and found a tutorial from @Brink on how to empty the suggestion box where the registry key is located and that result is shown in this snip, my registry key is super imposed on Shawn's .bat file:

What Is auto run. [​IMG]

From Shawn's win8 tutorial:

What Is auto run. [​IMG]
    Note The auto suggestions history for the Run dialog are stored in the RunMRU registry key below. This is what the .bat file below will delete for you automatically to clear the history. The next time you open something from Run, the RunMRU key will automatically be recreated and will save the new history.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
    From the note would the general consensus be that if I delete that key it would jump start the auto-suggestion box into working again or would the problem lie elsewhere?

4. What Is auto run.

Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

What Is auto run.

1. What Is auto run. - Similar Threads - auto run

2. preparing auto repairing is running for long time and stuck. How to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preparing auto repairing is running for long time and stuck. How to fix it: I have an old laptop which does not boot . While trying for auto repair it is stuck with the windows logo and the message. How to address and get the machine booted ....
  3. preparing auto repairing is running for long time and stuck. How to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    preparing auto repairing is running for long time and stuck. How to fix it: I have an old laptop which does not boot . While trying for auto repair it is stuck with the windows logo and the message. How to address and get the machine booted ....
  4. preparing auto repairing is running for long time and stuck. How to fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My custom PC is starting to auto cancel running apps or programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My custom PC is starting to auto cancel running apps or programs.: The PC would attempt to automatically terminate apps or even opening the search bar or windows icon. Ctrl Alt Delete would sometimes not let me shut down to restart the PC. I asked support for help and they recommended to reset the PC while keeping files. The first couple...
  6. My custom PC is starting to auto cancel running apps or programs.

My custom PC is starting to auto cancel running apps or programs.: The PC would attempt to automatically terminate apps or even opening the search bar or windows icon. Ctrl Alt Delete would sometimes not let me shut down to restart the PC. I asked support for help and they recommended to reset the PC while keeping files. The first couple...
  7. frequent freeze and auto reboots on My Lenovo Ideapad running Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent freeze and auto reboots on My Lenovo Ideapad running Win 11: Please take a look at my zipped MEMORY.dmp file below. It seems as though this reboot mostly happens when i am typing. Doesnt seem to happen when my PC is idle. I thought it was happening only when i was typing in edge or chrome, but the other day i was simply scrolling...
  8. frequent freeze and auto reboots on My Lenovo Ideapad running Win 11

frequent freeze and auto reboots on My Lenovo Ideapad running Win 11: Please take a look at my zipped MEMORY.dmp file below. It seems as though this reboot mostly happens when i am typing. Doesnt seem to happen when my PC is idle. I thought it was happening only when i was typing in edge or chrome, but the other day i was simply scrolling...
  9. is auto run safe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is auto run safe: HiIs this safe to use also what is it telling meThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-auto-run-safe/8e19cc0f-1b79-4588-a483-6b5a6df36eba
  10. is auto run safe

is auto run safe: HiIs this safe to use also what is it telling meThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-auto-run-safe/8e19cc0f-1b79-4588-a483-6b5a6df36eba