Windows 10: What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

Discus and support What is Background app setting on privacy setting? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Sirs, may I check what is the background app setting for on privacy setting? What does it benefit? Can it spoil the laptops or computers, if I turn... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ConanLam1, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ConanLam1 Win User

What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

Hi Sirs, may I check what is the background app setting for on privacy setting? What does it benefit? Can it spoil the laptops or computers, if I turn each of them off?

:)

ConanLam1, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Skofab Win User

Privacy - background apps query

I wanted to turn off Edge, so went to settings / privacy - and clicked on running background apps.
    My other pc's show a fairly comprehensive list, but this Windows 10. 32 bit laptop shows just one entry for Skype.
    Any thoughts how I can restore the anticipated list.
    Thanks

Skofab, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Nov 13, 2019
  4. What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

Background apps not showing in privacy settings

So I have reinstalled Windows 10 due to getting a virus on it. Now I have installed my old apps, but I don't want them to run in the background so just like before I went in the settings, under privacy and then on background applications, but there is
    one problem. I have a lot of apps installed, but only Mail and Calendar and Microsoft Store show up. Can someone please help me?

AntoniuFic, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

1. What is Background app setting on privacy setting? - Similar Threads - Background app setting

2. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  3. Privacy and Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy and Settings: I wish to start discussion after a lengthy process of using Windows 11. Though I have resolve some issues some may be open. The goal of my discussion is to stop privacy breach but retain Windows useability.ServicesBITS Background Inteligence Transfer ServiceThis program have...
  4. Privacy Settings

Privacy Settings: Ok, I'm at a loss. I have a couple of websites that I use almost daily. Lately they keep asking me to update my location and Security Settings. I've been through what I can find in both Windows 10 and 11, because it's occurring on both. Ideas or somewhere else to look that I...
  5. No Background apps in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Background apps in settings: [ATTACH] I'm trying to disable an app from running in the background, but there's nothing there. Can anyone help me? https://preview.redd.it/xz519y2b37861.png?width=1571&format=png&auto=webp&s=c7f9a2e536574f0032fbb227a1574e4cc2f7fffd submitted by /u/minytrolly...
  6. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: I am having a problem with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have already logged in with my Xbox Live account as I wanted to join servers and play multiplayer. As I logged in, it showed "You cannot play multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This...
  7. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Privacy settings: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  8. privacy settings

privacy settings: ever time i try to change my privacy settings and i hit submit they just wont change what do i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-settings/426c2edf-34bc-4ad7-b165-25c56b69f2cc
  9. Settings/Privacy/Background Apps always crashes when selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings/Privacy/Background Apps always crashes when selected: Was trying to get Your Phone working on Desktop machine (AMD-64, Insider slow May 1903 updated today). It all works fine on my SPro4 (same version of windows). Following advice on windows site to check settings in Privacy/Background Apps only results in repeated crashes of...
  10. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129