Windows 10: What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop?

Discus and support What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; @AddRAM, thanks. I missed that completely. Anyone seen performance comparisons between SSD and SSHD? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Discipulus, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Ztruker Win User

What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop?

@AddRAM, thanks. I missed that completely.

Anyone seen performance comparisons between SSD and SSHD?

Ztruker, Jan 29, 2017

2. I am sorry it took so long to get back and report. I did as you prescribed doing set up with the new HD then swapping it out for the SSHD. It happened as you suggested. A few reboots, as new drivers installed. Now all is running solid.

Thank you for your help.

Discipulus, Feb 9, 2017
  3. My experience is the only significant performance improvement is on boot. But that is good enough for me.

Discipulus, Feb 9, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Glad it worked out for you! My wife's laptop needs a repair so I just took that HDD out and slid it into a spare laptop. Same experience.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop? - Similar Threads - Best Keep Old

2. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  3. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  4. What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?: I just got a NVMe drive and reinstalled Windows 10. I want to copy all my settings from my old drive which I was only using for a few months. Can I copy my entire user profile or something? Thanks for any ideas! submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  5. Best way to transfer data/settings from old laptop to new laptop?

Best way to transfer data/settings from old laptop to new laptop?: About a month ago I bought a laptop and since then I've found the same laptop with better specs. I bought the upgraded laptop and I'm going to return the old one. What's the best/easiest way to transfer all my data and settings from the old machine to the new one? submitted...
  6. Best way to fix BSOD on new laptop.

Best way to fix BSOD on new laptop.: A laptop I bought recently has decided to BSOD on occassion. Scans and DISM have done nothing and drivers are updated. Error is a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and it happens at random. submitted by /u/Elite_wildwolf [link] [comments]...
  7. What's the best way to get the system spec for a new laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the best way to get the system spec for a new laptop?: I've just bought a Lenovo Legion Y520 & have used speccy to get system info. There is another source of info that I've used** - it's digs very deep eg it lists WUs installed/missing and is really is many pages long Does anyone know the name of it please? **PS I have the...
  8. what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive: I have my OS on an SSD and then I have 3 2 TB hard drives that I use to have a triple redundancy backup. I have one drive I save everything to and then I use a program called GoodSync to back up that main drive to two other drives. It is a bit overkill but I know I will have...
  9. What is the best way to partition a SSD for dual boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to partition a SSD for dual boot?: This is my first time here so if I need to elaborate on anything or provide more information I'll be happy to. I'm trying to set up a dual boot environment on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I've done this one other systems in the past enough to where it had become pretty...
  10. New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...: Hey guys, I am rebuilding my systems, going to take apart the two I have now and build a new one with new parts as well as old parts from the two systems, its mostly going to be new parts. The system specs I have in this forum is of the PC that I use to...