Windows 10: What is BIOS? What is the significance that the most recent Windows Update upgraded my BIOS?

Discus and support What is BIOS? What is the significance that the most recent Windows Update upgraded my BIOS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday or the day before, Windows had an update that upgraded my from BIOS 11 to BIOS 12. What does that mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ERB_cats, Dec 19, 2018.

1. ERB_cats Win User

What is BIOS? What is the significance that the most recent Windows Update upgraded my BIOS?

Yesterday or the day before, Windows had an update that upgraded my from BIOS 11 to BIOS 12. What does that mean?

:)

ERB_cats, Dec 19, 2018

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 19, 2018
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Dec 19, 2018
  4. What is BIOS? What is the significance that the most recent Windows Update upgraded my BIOS?

Bios firmware upgrade steps

Steps were to find BIOS APP. and perform the firmware update or upgrade.

CarmeloBennett, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

What is BIOS? What is the significance that the most recent Windows Update upgraded my BIOS?

1. What is BIOS? What is the significance that the most recent Windows Update upgraded my BIOS? - Similar Threads - BIOS significance recent

2. What to do after loosing windows activation after a BIOS upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do after loosing windows activation after a BIOS upgrade?: -Clicking Troubleshoot did not help- My microsoft ticket just got marked as "Issue resolved"without actually doing something .....- Removing old configurations on account.microsoft.com/devices did not work.- command line stuff found on websites did not workI am not going to...
  3. What if the bios page won't disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What if the bios page won't disappear: On screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-the-bios-page-wont-disappear/87512a4a-492e-4eb3-9a6f-ceb449cd8b5b
  4. What if the bios page won't disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if the bios page won't disappear: On screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-the-bios-page-wont-disappear/87512a4a-492e-4eb3-9a6f-ceb449cd8b5b
  5. What affects BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What affects BIOS boot time?: Hello everyone! Today, BIOS boot time has increased from 3.6 to 3.7 seconds. I'm interested what could have caused this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-affects-bios-boot-time/4fef93d1-e0f3-4ee7-8f08-cdc2982f10a7
  6. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  7. BIOS - What USB format??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS - What USB format??: Can I use an ordinary data storage USB?? I have an ASUS board in which there is a BIOS update available. The EUFI BIOS has the Easy Flash Update option so when downloading the BIOS and copying it onto the USB flash Drive,..can it be on a USB stick that is formatted in...
  8. What is corrupting my Bios?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is corrupting my Bios?: About every few months, Windows 10 will crash and then my computer refuses to post. If I remove one memory module, I can usually get it to let me into the Bios which I need to re-flash it or allow the Dual Bios feature in my motherboard accomplish this for me. The problem is...
  9. what is normal bios time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what is normal bios time?: windows task manager says last BIOS time was 8.9 seconds Is this normal? windows 10 pro x64 SSD 8 gb ram i-5 skylake 43376
  10. BIOS Issue or what?

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Issue or what?: I'm uncertain where to post this message so apologies if it would be more appropriate elsewhere. My seven-year old Medion MD96630 notebook is running a clean install of Windows 10 which I had to have a Microsoft Engineer activate for me. Since then, on boot up, the...