Windows 10: What is blocking Windows 10 1809 on HP P6540y Desktop?

Discus and support What is blocking Windows 10 1809 on HP P6540y Desktop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade an HP P6540y desktop (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02155498) , currently running Win 10 1803, but the 1809 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StanRose, Feb 23, 2019.

1. StanRose Win User

What is blocking Windows 10 1809 on HP P6540y Desktop?

I am trying to upgrade an HP P6540y desktop (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02155498) , currently running Win 10 1803, but the 1809 update seems to be blocked. Clicking on

"Windows Update->Check for Updates" does not start the update. I don't want to manually do an update via installation media unless I know there is no problem.

Looking at the specs of the system, I do not see any item currently listed on the Windows Update History Blog (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history) as blocking the update. The specs of the system are:

• AMD Phenom II X4 830
    • 8GB Ram
    • Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
    • Integrated Realtec ALC888S Audio
    • Realtek 8111C Gigabit LAN

Any ideas?

Thanks very much

Stan

:)

StanRose, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1809 Upgrade Block

As we all know the October Update (Windows 10 1809) still hasn't rolled out to a majority of the PCs out there. Using a HP laptop and I'm guessing the reason I haven't had it is due to the Intel Display Driver Issues; that is until now. I manually checked
    for an update just now and 1809 is downloading. But here's the thing, checking the official Update history page states that the upgrade blocks are still in place.

Here's a link to where it says the blocks are still in place:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

In short I just want to know if it's safe to let Windows Update do its thing and install and that I haven't got the update due to an error while checking or something. Should I go ahead and let it install or stop it (since the upgrade blocks are still in
    place)?

Atharv Sankholkar, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Quickly on this note, Woot is running a sale, $100 for a Win7 Dual Core desktop. quick way to a Win10 key, if you want...

At minimum, you should expect to receive the following:

• Intel Core 2 Duo Dual-Core Processor
    • 2GB of DDR2 Memory
    • 160GB of Hard Drive Space
    • DVD-ROM Drive capable of reading (but not writing) DVDs
    • Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Operating System
    • A *new* generic Keyboard, Mouse, and Power Cord
    These components will all belong to a Business Classdesktop chassis from one of the following brands:

• Dell
    • HP
    • Lenovo

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. What is blocking Windows 10 1809 on HP P6540y Desktop? - Similar Threads - blocking 1809 P6540y

2. What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?: I work for a company that does a lot of business in the PRC. We only have a couple of users located there but one of them uses the Tencent WeChat desktop application for filesharing, IMing, etc. purposes. When they try to run this they are receiving a message that reads "This...
  3. What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?: I work for a company that does a lot of business in the PRC. We only have a couple of users located there but one of them uses the Tencent WeChat desktop application for filesharing, IMing, etc. purposes. When they try to run this they are receiving a message that reads "This...
  4. What is blocking the Tencent WeChat desktop application?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Update will not install blocking 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update will not install blocking 1809: Update to 1803 KB4489868 will not install, error code 0x80240034, although ten updates have successfully installed subsequently, first install failure 12.12. 2018. I have tried all the MS troubleshoot programs/instructions I can find but to no avail. I have considered trying...
  6. Windows 10 1809 Upgrade Block

Windows 10 1809 Upgrade Block: As we all know the October Update (Windows 10 1809) still hasn't rolled out to a majority of the PCs out there. Using a HP laptop and I'm guessing the reason I haven't had it is due to the Intel Display Driver Issues; that is until now. I manually checked for an update just...
  7. HP Laserjet 2100 and Windows 10 (1809)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laserjet 2100 and Windows 10 (1809): Hello, I think starting with 1803 the printer disappeared from the list of available printer drivers (even after pressing "use Windows Update"). So how can use my Laserjet with Windows 1809 ? When searching for a printer driver on the HP website I get directed to something...
  8. Windows Not Updating to 1809 In Spite of No Blocks

Windows Not Updating to 1809 In Spite of No Blocks: I have tried and tried and tried multiple ways. I have tried Windows Update, Media Creation Tool, Update Assistant, and all of them won't let me update to 1809. MCT and UA all get to the end then say Undoing Changes Made. I understand there is some blocks on certain hardware...
  9. Blocking 1809 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blocking 1809 Update: Hello All, I apologize if this has been asked already, I tried to look but was unable to find anything. I am wanting to specifically block the Fall Update from taking place (whenever it gets re-released), but allowing other updates to take place (like security updates). Is...
  10. Windows 10 1809 17763.55 cumulative update BSOD WDF_VIOLATION on HP desktops.

Windows 10 1809 17763.55 cumulative update BSOD WDF_VIOLATION on HP desktops.: After installing KB4464330 (build 17763.55) my HP EliteDesk 800 G3 the machine refuses to boot, ending with BSOD WPF_VIOLATION. I was able to get the PC working again using an earlier restore point. It seems that this problem at least HP machines:...