Windows 10: What is Bottlenecking my PC? Bottleneck in Gaming explained

Discus and support What is Bottlenecking my PC? Bottleneck in Gaming explained in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]If you are a gamer, you probably have heard the term Bottlenecking. It’s been thrown a lot to the user, especially when talking about customizable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 11, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

What is Bottlenecking my PC? Bottleneck in Gaming explained

What is Bottlenecking my PC? Bottleneck in Gaming explained [​IMG]
    If you are a gamer, you probably have heard the term Bottlenecking. It’s been thrown a lot to the user, especially when talking about customizable computers. In this post, we are going to see how you can find out what is Bottlenecking your Windows PC. We will also everything to know about Bottlenecking in gaming. What is […]

This article What is Bottlenecking my PC? Bottleneck in Gaming explained first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 11, 2022

2. bottleneck question

well we first need to define what is a bottleneck , see the definition you are trying to impose almost like make everybody in a bottle neck , we just boost settings to high or ultra on most recent games and then the majority of rigs would come to their knees this is a given . if however bottleneck is utilized how the op is seeing it , where if having an old cpu would cap the performance of new gpu to same performance as current graphics performance he has , then no , most probably he will notice a gain , just not the most optimal gain .

the problem i discussed later is a problem related to ram bus where it was often reported that combining new gpus with older tech rams may result in systematic hickups i.e freezes in rendering from time to time due to slow decompression and transfer of high quality textures during gameplay , i however have no accurate figures of what frequencies are known to be the more hideous so i just raised it as a concern .

as for monitors being a bottleneck , now this is controversial as v-sync , g-sync and f-sync were all solutions that came out to address this problem in particular , so is not a bottleneck from even your perspective any more .

nIGHTmAYOR, Aug 11, 2022
  3. bottleneck question

ram speed is 1333

- - - Updated - - -

gtx 1060 is out of stock india I searched a lot which one should I get

tushar4544, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Faith Win User

bottleneck question

What are you talking about. Of course there's such thing as a bottleneck. It's called "bound". High resolutions yield GPU bound situations, while high framerates yield CPU bound situations, depending on the game. You want a system that plays each other in balance. Developers usually don't include bounds or bottlenecks in their system requirements because they are targeted at a specific framerate and detail level. OP is running a 60Hz display so he'll be bottlenecked by the monitor if the framerate goes over 60 for example. 98% gpu usage and 70% cpu usage means there's headroom for an upgrade. In OP's shoes I would monitor the usages of both the cpu and gpu in Afterburner while playing to determin if there's a bottleneck somewhere. The i5 2500 is getting quite old now. Fortunately games still likes high single core frequencies, but the shift for multi cores has increased drastically the last few years.

Battlefield uses Frostbite Engine, an engine that favors processors in high-numbered matches. I haven't played BF3 or 4 since they came out so I don't know exactly where the bottleneck starts and on what cpus/gpus. Pairing a RTX 2060 with a i5 2500 seems, to me anyway, like a bad idea. Especially considering that you're paying privilage for ray tracing cores on any RTX card, something that definitely will affect the cpu in some way when it's enabled. BF3 and 4 doesn't use it either. Bumping the resolution to 4K might work in favor for the 2060, but my suggestion would be to upgrade cheaper and wait/save for a more feature complete build later on. Just my opinion of course.

Faith, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

1. What is Bottlenecking my PC? Bottleneck in Gaming explained - Similar Threads - Bottlenecking Bottleneck Gaming

2. RAM Bottleneck?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Bottleneck?: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  3. RAM Bottleneck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM Bottleneck?: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  4. RAM Bottleneck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi download speeds are bottlenecked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi download speeds are bottlenecked: For whatever reason my laptop started to slow down it's download speeds a few months ago. It seems like the download speeds are being bottlenecked for all applications except for Steam and a select few others. Anything I try to download goes about 1 to 2 MB/s at max, but...
  6. Is my CPU bottlenecking my GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is my CPU bottlenecking my GPU?: I feel like it is. MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi 32gigs 3600mhz Neo Trident Z DDR4 Ryzen 3900X Radeon RX 6900 XT Nothing is overclocked. I do plan on upgrading to the Ryzen 5900X when the price becomes reasonable. 179745
  7. Striped volume bottleneck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Striped volume bottleneck: I have a system with 4 non OS additional 1TB NVMe's PCIe 4*4gen. When I measure sequential read and write I get:IndividualPerformance 6700 GB/s read and 5000 GB/s write.2 drives MS Windows 10 striped volumeApprox. 12 GB/s read and 10GB/s write.So far so good.4 drives MS...
  8. Internet Connection Bottlenecked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Connection Bottlenecked: My current internet package gives me 200 mbps down and 15 up. However, my computer gets only 30 down and 15 up. Even though my computer gets 30 down, when I do a speed test on my phone from the same spot, I get about 180 mbps which is great. I checked to see if it was my...
  9. bottleneck question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    bottleneck question: I want to buy gtx 1660 ti ventus xs 6gb will it bottleneck my cpu i mainly play battlefield 3 and 4 only i can go upto 4k resolution through nvidia control panel too my specs: asus b75mLX 16 gb ram seasonic x650 gold psu Samsung syncmaster 60hz monitor i5 2500 cpu 137693
  10. Windows bottlenecking, plz help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows bottlenecking, plz help!: Ok so... I just got my computer recently repaired and started it up so i could customize everything to what i wanted. I decided to download discord on it as the first thing to be on there So after i was done customizing it i opened chrome to play a game online. Nothing too...