Windows 10: What is C:\trash?

Discus and support What is C:\trash? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC and installed a purchased copy of Windows 10 Home. I now am running a complete disk drive backup and on drive C I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hoyon, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Hoyon Win User

What is C:\trash?

I recently built a new PC and installed a purchased copy of Windows 10 Home. I now am running a complete disk drive backup and on drive C I found a file called C:\trash. It has 45 GB in it with one folder called jpgwm1eu.defaultXXX dated the day I built the PC in December 2019. Clicking on that I find 69 items in it including 9 subfolders. It appears to be plain copies of all my emails. I use Postbox.

Is this truly a trash file that I can delete?

:)

Hoyon, Apr 3, 2020
  2. trt740 Win User

Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Trash Bin Disappearence

I tried your suggestion and it did not work right away. However, I kept at it and the trash bin finally appeared. I cannot tell you exactly what I did. Trash bin is back.

thanks

Care Valkanas, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. What is C:\trash? - Similar Threads - trash

2. Large email stuck in trash -Don't want to lose text!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large email stuck in trash -Don't want to lose text!: I am using the Windows 10 email app. I tried to send a file that was too large and got stuck in the Outgoing box. I am a lot typed in the email and would like to remove the images but copy the text to a new email. Moved the email to Trash but now won't load in trash. How can...
  3. Large email stuck in trash -Don't want to lose text!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large email stuck in trash -Don't want to lose text!: I am using the Windows 10 email app. I tried to send a file that was too large and got stuck in the Outgoing box. I am a lot typed in the email and would like to remove the images but copy the text to a new email. Moved the email to Trash but now won't load in trash. How can...
  4. How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed: OS Windows 10 Japanese, version 22H2 UpdatedSoftware and drivers UpdatedToday by mistake I deleted a folder C:\Users\Myname\Videos\For editing. It contain video files. And unfortunately I also emptied the Trash bin. I wonder if by using Windows file recovery what should be...
  5. How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed

How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed: OS Windows 10 Japanese, version 22H2 UpdatedSoftware and drivers UpdatedToday by mistake I deleted a folder C:\Users\Myname\Videos\For editing. It contain video files. And unfortunately I also emptied the Trash bin. I wonder if by using Windows file recovery what should be...
  6. How to recover folder from emptied Trash Bin using Windows file recovery urgent help needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...: ok so i found this laptop in the trash I even messaged the person who it belonged to for the password but no response, so i made a media installation for windows 10 on a flash drive which i had to have help to figure out you could do that. anyway i booted to usb drive and...
  8. someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...: ok so i found this laptop in the trash I even messaged the person who it belonged to for the password but no response, so i made a media installation for windows 10 on a flash drive which i had to have help to figure out you could do that. anyway i booted to usb drive and...
  9. someone please help!!! Found Asus ROG i7 laptop in trash put windows 10 on it now dont have...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Need help bypassing this republic of gamers Asus laptop i found in the trash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help bypassing this republic of gamers Asus laptop i found in the trash.: ok so i was walking down this ally the other day and i saw a dumpster with all this cool stuff so of course i had togo look and see what was in there lol anyways i found this laptop and figured it didnt work but itook it anyway. iget home put charger on it and it works! i try...