Windows 10: What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder

Discus and support What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, May I ask what "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" is? Is it safe to delete?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Citto, May 6, 2020.

1. Citto Win User

What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder

Hi All,

May I ask what "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" is? Is it safe to delete?

:)

Citto, May 6, 2020
  2. LemP Win User

User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

LemP, May 6, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 6, 2020
  4. gypsycomp Win User

Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

Using win10 - 64bit
    Logged into cmd prompt as admin.
    Cannot see C:\users\all users with the following cmd's

Folder does not show in normal File Explorer window
    Run TREE cmd and the All Users folder does not show.
    Run DIR cmd for C:\users and All Users does not show
    Run ATTRIB -s -h C:\users and still do not see All User folder appearing. Restart after running ATTRIB cmd, but does not trigger reload of folder.

BUT, when I
    Run DIR cmd for "C:\users\all users" the folder and files show
    Run ROBOCOPY and the All Users folder and its files transfer.

Somehow this folder has become hidden and I am unable to unhide or see it.

Any suggestions?

gypsycomp, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder - Similar Threads - UsersDevToolsUser showed users

2. User not showing up on User list.

in Windows 10 Customization
    User not showing up on User list.: Hey, Recently my account got deleted from user list but every time i restart my PC i get the login screen to my account which was deleted from user list. Since i don't know the password, I tried using cmd.exe (admin) to change my password there with another account by doing...
  3. Renaming the user folder under c:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming the user folder under c:\users: Hi all. As a user who's part of a domain, my user folder under C:\Users is very long and this is disturbing when I use Bash (WSL). the folder is first.last.domainName and that's too long. Ideally, I just want my user folder to be my first.last name without the domain name...
  4. what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?: My part of it is over 5. Gb. Could it all be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-purpose-of-cusers-folder/a25b2cad-43a0-487a-86ae-592b4ab5d38c"
  5. Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive

Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive: Hello, As the subject line describes the folders on my desktop do not appear in the "desktop" folder under my user folder in the c: drive. This is affecting my ability to back up properly through file history. Does anyone know why this might be occurring? To explain it...
  6. A folder keeps showing up on my C: Drive

A folder keeps showing up on my C: Drive: A folder randomly showed up named "ZjExNjNiYjNiYjc2MmJl" then it has suspicious contents inside. I scanned using different antivirus but anti viruses says its clean. But lately i keep getting "ads" on google whenever im searching some stuff. Here's the folder: [ATTACH]...
  7. Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Postgres Folder In C:\Users ???: I recently noticed this folder in my C:\Users folder named postgres. I didn't find mush about it when searching the web. I was wondering what this might be associated with? Here are a few screenshots I took. Showing it's location and the folders therein. [img] [img] The...
  8. W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder

W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder: This is a problem with multiple levels I think, so I'm trying to isolate them one by one... I have a backup computer on my network (running latest W10 update), and under C:\Users there is a folder (call it Joe). However, when I run "net user" on the command line it doesn't...
  9. How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?

How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?: While my request in the thread Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account? was successfully handled, I now have this situation which I consider appropriate to mention in a new thread. Basically, I would like to rename the "new user" folder of the...
  10. Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users: I have a WIndows 2012 R2 server, on that server I have about 10 users. My desktop computer is Windows 10, my boss' computer is Windows 10. We are both users on the network. I am trying to share a folder with only him and none of the other employees. I have gone to Properties,...