Windows 10: What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder

Discus and support What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, May I ask what "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" is? Is it safe to delete?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Citto, May 6, 2020.

1. Citto Win User

What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder

Hi All,

May I ask what "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" is? Is it safe to delete?

:)

Citto, May 6, 2020
  2. LemP Win User

User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

LemP, May 6, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 6, 2020
  4. gypsycomp Win User

Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

Using win10 - 64bit
    Logged into cmd prompt as admin.
    Cannot see C:\users\all users with the following cmd's

Folder does not show in normal File Explorer window
    Run TREE cmd and the All Users folder does not show.
    Run DIR cmd for C:\users and All Users does not show
    Run ATTRIB -s -h C:\users and still do not see All User folder appearing. Restart after running ATTRIB cmd, but does not trigger reload of folder.

BUT, when I
    Run DIR cmd for "C:\users\all users" the folder and files show
    Run ROBOCOPY and the All Users folder and its files transfer.

Somehow this folder has become hidden and I am unable to unhide or see it.

Any suggestions?

gypsycomp, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. What is "C:\Users\DevToolsUser" it showed up in my users folder - Similar Threads - UsersDevToolsUser showed users

2. Userid'not showing under C;\users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Userid'not showing under C;\users folder: Here is the issue as I see it.When Windows 10 Home was initially set up, three userid's were created . The first userid did not show up under C:\Users but what found was a strange userid Lanco_000 the other two userid's do show up. The strange Userid looks like the beginning...
  3. Userid'not showing under C;\users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Userid'not showing under C;\users folder: Here is the issue as I see it.When Windows 10 Home was initially set up, three userid's were created . The first userid did not show up under C:\Users but what found was a strange userid Lanco_000 the other two userid's do show up. The strange Userid looks like the beginning...
  4. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  5. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  6. What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my [username] folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-inside-of-persons-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  7. What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User

What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my [username] folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-inside-of-persons-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  8. What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?

what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?: My part of it is over 5. Gb. Could it all be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-purpose-of-cusers-folder/a25b2cad-43a0-487a-86ae-592b4ab5d38c"
  10. A folder keeps showing up on my C: Drive

A folder keeps showing up on my C: Drive: A folder randomly showed up named "ZjExNjNiYjNiYjc2MmJl" then it has suspicious contents inside. I scanned using different antivirus but anti viruses says its clean. But lately i keep getting "ads" on google whenever im searching some stuff. Here's the folder: [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i delete the DevToolsUSer folder

2. whats devtoolsuser

3. DevToolsUser

4. why did a devtoolsuser user show up windows 10,
  5. devtoolsuser folder