Windows 10: What is C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe ? Why is it being blocked from making changes to memory?

Discus and support What is C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe ? Why is it being blocked from making changes to memory? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm running the ms malicious software tool (for a second time!) because of a message that my pc is infected with a trojan (I did not have a browser... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jhoblho, Jan 16, 2019.

1. jhoblho Win User

What is C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe ? Why is it being blocked from making changes to memory?

I'm running the ms malicious software tool (for a second time!) because of a message that my pc is infected with a trojan (I did not have a browser open when it popped up- it appeared after restart.) Twice I've been notified that C\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe has been blocked from making changes to memory while this tool is running. I've read that this is supposedly a legit Windows file, but that malware can mask as a version of it. How can I tell? My computer is scaring me...

:)

jhoblho, Jan 16, 2019
  2. avilerner Win User

controlled file access and wmiprvse

I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change.

Does wmiprvse normally change storage or files?

Should I allow it to do so?

What is the full , legitimate path to the exe to allow it to update?

What happens if I continue to block it?

Thank You,

Avi Lerner

avilerner, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe from making changes to memory.

svchost.exe is a system program why is it blocked?

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe from making changes to memory.

Detection time: 2018-05-29T19:58:18.389Z

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Path: \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Signature Version: 1.269.277.0

Engine Version: 1.1.14901.4

Product Version: 4.14.17639.18041

n33dforsp33d, Jan 16, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

What is C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe ? Why is it being blocked from making changes to memory?

controlled file access and wmiprvse

Hi Avi

wmiprvse is totally safe and you can allow that through Controlled folder access

wmiprvse is the Windows Management Instrumentation Provider Service and is an integral part of the Windows OS

The full legit path of that service is:

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WmiPrvSE.ex

DaveM121, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. What is C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe ? Why is it being blocked from making changes to memory? - Similar Threads - WindowsWmiPrvSE exe Why

2. What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?: So I wanted to know, what makes a .exe file be a windows application appear in the applications settings.For example if I make a .exe file, it does not appear in the windows application settings, whereas if I download a game from steam, it does. What I am trying to figure...
  3. What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?: So I wanted to know, what makes a .exe file be a windows application appear in the applications settings.For example if I make a .exe file, it does not appear in the windows application settings, whereas if I download a game from steam, it does. What I am trying to figure...
  4. What is "taskhostw.exe" ? It is being blocked by defender!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is "taskhostw.exe" ? It is being blocked by defender!!: Please tell me what this app or process is: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-taskhostwexe-it-is-being-blocked-by/ee3e9722-123a-469e-a278-dcccfb5760b9
  5. Why are my downloads being blocked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my downloads being blocked?: I have a software program that alerts me to updates to all the various programs I have installed on my computer. Today 12/17 I got a notice that I have 5 updates. All the updates are for programs that I have installed on my computer. When I click on any of them to...
  6. Protected Memory access blocked. Unauthorized changes blocked.

Protected Memory access blocked. Unauthorized changes blocked.: I get these notifications all day, every day - started in September - a few a month. Then on Dec. 5th, through now - all day, erryday! What is REALLY goin' on community?...
  7. Exe blocked.

Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  8. Loading an External EXE into Memory and Calling/Running the EXE from Memory as Many Times...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loading an External EXE into Memory and Calling/Running the EXE from Memory as Many Times...: A very good day to you All, I hope you are doing Very Well, Please kindly see the attached code for a C# Program This C# Program will Load an External EXE Program into Memory This C# Program will then do a Function Call to Run that EXE Program that sits in Memory The...
  9. controlled folder access blocked XtuService.exe from making changes to memory

controlled folder access blocked XtuService.exe from making changes to memory: controlled folder access blocked XtuService.exe from making changes to memory?? i could not understand what is all this it keeps coming everytime after i downloaded someting from unsafe website.What should i do to get rid of it?is is unsafe for my pc...
  10. Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\Windows\System32\SearchIndexer.exe from making changes...

Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\Windows\System32\SearchIndexer.exe from making changes...: I have turned on controlled folder access in Windows Defender and have received a couple of these errors. Controlled Folder Access blocked C:\Windows\System32\SearchIndexer.exe from making changes to memory. Detection time: 2018-08-10T05:58:11.746Z User: NT...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmiprvse.exe blocked

2. wmiprvse blocked

3. wmiprvse.exe blocked by windows defender

4. what is C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe,
  5. why was wmiprvse.exe blocked,
  6. C:\WINDOWS...\WmiPrvSE.exe,
  7. windows 10 protection wmiprvse.exe,
  8. what is WmiPrvSE.exe,
  9. C;\Windows\WmiPrv.exe,
  10. unauthorized changes blocked wmiprvse.exe,
  11. what hapens if i block wmiprvse.exe with windows defender,
  12. wmiprvse.exe and unauthorized changes blocked,
  13. thinkorswim: protected memory access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe app or process blocked \device\harddisk0\dr0,
  14. wmiprvse.exe defender unauthorized blocked,
  15. wmiprvse.exe blocked access