Windows 10: What is casuing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

Discus and support What is casuing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am baffled and need your help. Running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. My boot drive is a 512GB Samsung 970Pro NVMe. My Windows is a legal copy (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystiky, Sep 3, 2019.

1. mystiky Win User

What is casuing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

I am baffled and need your help. Running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. My boot drive is a 512GB Samsung 970Pro NVMe. My Windows is a legal copy (not hacked version).

I noticed that starting about 2 months ago (even while running previous Windows 10 Pro 1809 build) that every day that I use the PC, about 5GB of mysterious data gets added to my hard drive. So basically at this pace, I will run out of space on my system drive (CWhat is casuing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system? :) in about 20 days. Upgrading to build 1903 hasn't helped.

I have tried figuring out which program may be doing this but so far no luck. I have tried to do a Windows Explorer "Search" for recently used/added files 512MB+ or 1GB+ but nothing looks out of ordinary. I have cleaned out the C:\Users\AppData\ Local\Temp and C:\Windows\Temp directories but that didn't help.

There must be some logging file or something likewise that is causing this behavior. I have run Malware Bytes and Kaspersky KAV virus scans (on all my drives) and they both come up with nothing. Otherwise, my system is running fast and there are no issues at all.

Can someone give me some other ideas of how and what to look for?

:)

mystiky, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 3, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. What is casuing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system? - Similar Threads - casuing add every

2. BSOD nvlddmkm.sys SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - happens every day on my windows 10...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD nvlddmkm.sys SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - happens every day on my windows 10...: Here is a link to the minidump and spec nfo in one drivehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmEwWmvocvBVkvVH2xQvq1MAfeIEAQ?e=eaypqqI'd appreciate any help/guidance.Thanks,Yoni Rabin...
  3. Windows 10 Updating Every Day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updating Every Day: It has been a week now, and My Windows 10 is installing updates every single day. It keeps telling me to allow restarting the PC to install the update. But I keep telling it to restart one hour later. It is too disturbing. Please help me!...
  4. Windows 10 Freezes every day

Windows 10 Freezes every day: Hi, I am having an issue with my PC lately. It freezes in one of two ways, either black screen, display turns off or screen freezes. The only solution is to manually power it off. Info from Reliability Monitor: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  5. Getting "Refreshing system information" dialogs every day; what's wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting "Refreshing system information" dialogs every day; what's wrong?: Once in a while is one thing, but lately I am getting the "Refreshing system information" dialogs coming up daily now. I get about a dozen of these in a row each day I did some of tha Googlin'... but I couldn't find any reference as to why this is happening. Anyone have...
  6. C drive losing about 1 gb every day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive losing about 1 gb every day: Hello my c drive is losing about 1 gb of storage everyday and i dont know what the problem is im not downloading anything new and im still losing space and have no idea whats causing it or what to do. if anyone knows how to fix this then please help me because i built this pc...
  7. Windows 10 on a 32 GB hd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on a 32 GB hd: I have a Lenovo ideapad with a 32 GB hard drive. Windows 10 is too big to update correctly. I run Office 365 and Quicken. No pics or music or videos. There are no "excess files" to delete to make more room. Is there anything I can do? Can I go back to an older Windows?...
  8. My windows "System" data usage is very high 153GB in the last 5 days.

My windows "System" data usage is very high 153GB in the last 5 days.: I don't know why but my windows 10 system data usage is sky high at the moment. It has used over 150GB of data in the last 5 days. Not a problem if you have unlimited data but I don't. How can I monitor what it's using this data for?...
  9. What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?: I am baffled and need your help. Running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. My boot drive is a 512GB Samsung 970Pro NVMe. My Windows is a legal copy (not hacked version). I noticed that starting about 2 months ago (even while running previous Windows 10 Pro 1809 build) that every...
  10. What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?: I am baffled and need your help. Running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. My boot drive is a 512GB Samsung 970Pro NVMe. My Windows is a legal copy (not hacked version). I noticed that starting about 2 months ago (even while running previous Windows 10 Pro 1809 build) that every...