Windows 10: What is Cats2.exe

Discus and support What is Cats2.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 ver 1909 There is a small program on my system drive name Cats2.exe and I can find nothing pertinent about it on the web. I don't think I put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Nov 3, 2020.

1. JJG10 Win User

What is Cats2.exe

W10 ver 1909

There is a small program on my system drive name Cats2.exe and I can find nothing pertinent about it on the web. I don't think I put it there and from what I can find makes me suspicious since it runs all the time. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?

I was able to get rid of it by ending it via task manager and the deleting it. Yes, I ran a Macrium backup before doing that and can restore to that point in case it is needed.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 3, 2020
  4. What is Cats2.exe

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

What is Cats2.exe

1. What is Cats2.exe - Similar Threads - Cats2 exe

2. Exe related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe related: Can anybody tell me what is sguardsvc64.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/8ca74dac-f9a9-4529-afbd-ee7e61631016
  3. Exe related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe related: Can anybody tell me what is sguardsvc64.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/8ca74dac-f9a9-4529-afbd-ee7e61631016
  4. My PC can't open exe files, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC can't open exe files, how do I fix this?: I have a windows 11 PC and for some reason, I'm now having the issue of being able to open exe files. I'm not sure what else to do at the moment. I've tried all the different solutions including going into regedit to check/change some of the exe settings but none have worked....
  5. My PC can't open exe files, how do I fix this?

My PC can't open exe files, how do I fix this?: I have a windows 11 PC and for some reason, I'm now having the issue of being able to open exe files. I'm not sure what else to do at the moment. I've tried all the different solutions including going into regedit to check/change some of the exe settings but none have worked....
  6. error Wuthering Waves Client Win64 Shipping exe Application Error 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error Wuthering Waves Client Win64 Shipping exe Application Error 0xc000007b: so when i click on start on the launcher then it reopens it but doesn't open my game at all it there a fix no one know what going on i need help i have updated very thing district x and AMD drivers c++ and more and reinstalled 5 times...
  7. error Wuthering Waves Client Win64 Shipping exe Application Error 0xc000007b

error Wuthering Waves Client Win64 Shipping exe Application Error 0xc000007b: so when i click on start on the launcher then it reopens it but doesn't open my game at all it there a fix no one know what going on i need help i have updated very thing district x and AMD drivers c++ and more and reinstalled 5 times...
  8. Impossible to execute an anterior version of WinPcap_4_1_3.exe on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to execute an anterior version of WinPcap_4_1_3.exe on Windows 11: Hi,I can't launch the installation of WinCap, it tells me "A newer version of WinPcap internal version 5.1.79.117 is already installed on this machine. The installation will be aborted.". I uninstalled Npcap, tried to rename wpcap.dll wpcap.dll.old but it tells me that it's...
  9. Impossible to execute an anterior version of WinPcap_4_1_3.exe on Windows 11

Impossible to execute an anterior version of WinPcap_4_1_3.exe on Windows 11: Hi,I can't launch the installation of WinCap, it tells me "A newer version of WinPcap internal version 5.1.79.117 is already installed on this machine. The installation will be aborted.". I uninstalled Npcap, tried to rename wpcap.dll wpcap.dll.old but it tells me that it's...
  10. Issue with Task Scheduler to execute .exe file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Task Scheduler to execute .exe file: I have created one Task to execute .exe with Task Schedular. So when i am trying option " Run only when user is logged on" its working fine but when i am trying to use "Run whether user is logged on or not" it not working, which is strange. I tried with user having Admin...