Windows 10: What is causing BSODs

Discus and support What is causing BSODs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For like a month, I've been getting different BSODs while gaming, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Piotrek649, Mar 2, 2024.

1. What is causing BSODs

For like a month, I've been getting different BSODs while gaming, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and a few more I can't remember.Minidump folder I reinstalled Windows multiple times, updated bios and drivers, tried older drivers, memory diagnostic was good, CrystalDisk says my SSD is in excellent health, tried 3 different ram sticks in pairs, nothing helpsMobo: Tomahawk B450 - 8 years oldCPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 - 8 years oldGPU: MSI Radeon RX 6650 XT - 2 years oldCan someone help me find a fix?

:)

Piotrek649, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Mar 2, 2024
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. hoax32 Win User

What is causing BSODs

BSOD Hardware Caused???

It is not overheating - CPU runs 60*C in games.
    Short Circuit - EXTREAMLY UNLIKELY

hoax32, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

What is causing BSODs

1. What is causing BSODs - Similar Threads - causing BSODs

2. Problems with TP-Link WiFi Adapter causing BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with TP-Link WiFi Adapter causing BSODs: So, just earlier today i went to log onto my desktop to find out that my computer cannot find the WiFi network i am always usually connected to, this is the second time this issue has occurred.What i tried to fix this issue was Uninstalling my TP-Link WiFi adapter I use a...
  3. Problems with TP-Link WiFi Adapter causing BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with TP-Link WiFi Adapter causing BSODs: So, just earlier today i went to log onto my desktop to find out that my computer cannot find the WiFi network i am always usually connected to, this is the second time this issue has occurred.What i tried to fix this issue was Uninstalling my TP-Link WiFi adapter I use a...
  4. BSOD multiple different times with different causes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD multiple different times with different causes?: Hello, I'm not great with any of the BSOD tech issues but I have been getting many blue screens and tried using WinDbg to figure out where the issue was with my dump files, but they each have different names so I'm confused on what I'm meant to do. These are some of the image...
  5. BSOD multiple different times with different causes?

BSOD multiple different times with different causes?: Hello, I'm not great with any of the BSOD tech issues but I have been getting many blue screens and tried using WinDbg to figure out where the issue was with my dump files, but they each have different names so I'm confused on what I'm meant to do. These are some of the image...
  6. Blender Cause BSOD For No Reason After Few Mins Why Is This Happening? Blender Version: 4.1.1.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blender Cause BSOD For No Reason After Few Mins Why Is This Happening? Blender Version: 4.1.1.0: hi i would like to say there is issue about blender that always cause bsod for no reason once i open it after few mins and when i open other apps everything is going perfectly and the bsod always i get is Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error and i made sure that everything is good and...
  7. Blender Cause BSOD For No Reason After Few Mins Why Is This Happening? Blender Version: 4.1.1.0

Blender Cause BSOD For No Reason After Few Mins Why Is This Happening? Blender Version: 4.1.1.0: hi i would like to say there is issue about blender that always cause bsod for no reason once i open it after few mins and when i open other apps everything is going perfectly and the bsod always i get is Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error and i made sure that everything is good and...
  8. Blender Cause BSOD For No Reason After Few Mins Why Is This Happening? Blender Version: 4.1.1.0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe: For the last week I've regularly had varying blue screen error codes while using my PC , I installed WinDbg which pointed to ntkrnlmp.exe. With the attached minidumps can anyone tell me any potential fixes that I haven't tried.SYMBOL_NAME:...
  10. BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe: For the last week I've regularly had varying blue screen error codes while using my PC , I installed WinDbg which pointed to ntkrnlmp.exe. With the attached minidumps can anyone tell me any potential fixes that I haven't tried.SYMBOL_NAME:...