Windows 10: What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications?

Discus and support What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The problem: Download bandwidth on my 100Mb fiber is limited by *something* resulting in less than 50% of my potential speed when using a web browser.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SkyeAnderson, May 17, 2019.

1. What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications?

The problem:
    Download bandwidth on my 100Mb fiber is limited by *something* resulting in less than 50% of my potential speed when using a web browser.

When using an app (like the speedtest app) I get the full 100Mb bandwidth - eliminating any possiblility that there is a fundamental problem with the router, cable, LAN adapter, or other similar hardware limitation.

In the video I test my speed using the app, then using a web browser, then the app again. Results go from 100 to 35 to 100.

Video here: https://youtu.be/ZVrXpKfZ4zs

However, not all apps perform equally.

Steam, for example, will not exceed 6MB/s (48Mbit)
    uTorrent will go as high as 7.5MB/s (60Mbit)
    Battle.net will reach 10MB/s (80Mbit)

HTTP downloads very seldom go above 2.2MB/s (17Mbit)

ALL of these apps and my web browser used to get a full 11.5MB/s (92Mbit) previously. No hardware has changed at any time.

I have tried multiple servers, all have the same general results, going back well over a year.

This is the latest 3 tests using the speedtest app.

What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications? 6d021c46-a03b-48ea-8e9e-0861f31278bb?upload=true.jpg

This is a history of speedtests using the same speed test, but via the web browser.

What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications? 4582595d-8eab-41ce-985f-4defc80af54f?upload=true.jpg

:)

SkyeAnderson, May 17, 2019
  2. Kuss Win User

All web browsers limited to 3mb download help plz

every single browsers i use the download speed is limited to 3mb/sec But say steam/origin download at max speeds (8.1mb), I am at a loss...

plz help

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 17, 2019
  4. What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications?

The web browser of 5800 XM

Dear Nokia

There are some comments on the web browser of 5800 XM

1 - When you press the back button opens a window of what had been a visit from the pages of

Suggested that to go back to the page immediately preceding

2 - tools in the browser page is very large and cover a large amount of information

Suggested that the tools are in the drop-down list with a small button on the top of the screen or at least minimized or put a shortcut to be removed and sent back show it

3 - often closes the application Web site randomly

Pointer2006, May 17, 2019
Thema:

What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications?

1. What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications? - Similar Threads - causing limited download

2. Download speed limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed limit: Hi guys, today, trying to download games from both uplay and steam, my download was stuck at exactly 5mb/s in the task manager, this is grange considering that it normally stays around 45/50 mb/s, I noticed this problem only today, as yesterday everything was working...
  3. Download speed limited to 10Mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed limited to 10Mbps: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Download speed limited to 10Mbps on steam. I think this problem also occure on other programs like Uplay etc.. but the main problem is that now my steam download is pretty "slow". Maybe there is a setting limiting my download speed , i have no idea. Also...
  4. Download speed limitation - desktop

Download speed limitation - desktop: Hi, my desktop seems to be limited to +- 5MB/s if downloading from single source, when downloading from multi source i get full speed of my internet. Other devices in my home does not suffer from this "phenomena". Ive tried downloading on my: phone - i get full internet...
  5. Application pool connection limit on web site using IIS

Application pool connection limit on web site using IIS: Does IIS on Windows 10 Pro have a limit of the number of connections to an application pool? I have heard 20 devices but then some people say that IIS will limit it to 10 connections at a time. Thanks...
  6. Download speed limited to (+/- 200Mbps)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed limited to (+/- 200Mbps): I cannot for the life of me figure out why only my PC's download speed is straight up capped around 200Mbps. Every single speedtest I run gives a download speed of 180-190, when it should be close to 400. I am hardwired to my router with a known good ethernet cable. I'm...
  7. download speed is limited

download speed is limited: hi there I've been noticing a limit download speed which doesn't exceed 1.4 mb/s, it used to reach 5mb/s if I download two files at the same time it splits the speed evenly I updated my windows couple of days ago...
  8. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: This is a repost, for some reason I can not reply on that previous post. I have the following system information OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation...
  9. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: Hello, my other laptops/devices have download speed up to 25mb/sec while this laptop only downloads 500 kb/sec no matter what I do. I have restarted tried the following: 1) device manager, network and tried updating drivers / devices 2) I tried to go to network settings...
  10. All web browsers limited to 3mb download help plz

in Browsers and Email
    All web browsers limited to 3mb download help plz: every single browsers i use the download speed is limited to 3mb/sec But say steam/origin download at max speeds (8.1mb), I am at a loss... plz help 31635