Windows 10: What is causing my BSOD?

Discus and support What is causing my BSOD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been getting BSOD's for at least a month now and out of all the things that I've done so far, I'm still clueless as to what it may be. Specs:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kevin2353, Dec 11, 2019.

1. kevin2353 Win User

What is causing my BSOD?

I've been getting BSOD's for at least a month now and out of all the things that I've done so far, I'm still clueless as to what it may be.

Specs:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BL4j27

So far I have:
    Re-seated the CPU, RAM, and GPU as well as taken my portable air blower to blow all sockets except the CPU socket to be sure no dust or small particles could be an issue.
    Completely wiped my SSD and reinstalled Windows 10.
    Ran CCleaner, Malwarebytes and ran a Windows Memory Diagnostic tool everything was clear and no issue were found for the memory check.
    Ran sfc /scannow

In the BIOS, I have also disabled Intel Speed shift as some people stated that it helped.

The CPU stays at a steady 25-30c doing anything aside from gaming and during gaming it sits around 55-60c sometimes lower depending on the game.
    The RAM sits at 40-42c while idle and 55-58c while gaming.
    GPU sits at around 55c idle and usually 65-70 while gaming.

All software has been fully updated. BIOS has been fully updated. I have not fully updated Windows because I wanted to check whether or not it may have been causing it as it was crashing with and without the latest updates for Windows.

As for the .dmp files I have uploaded them for someone to hopefully inspect it further for help. I do have BlueScreenView however I do not have much experience with it and what I have tried from some forums have yet to fix it.

( https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am2tkc9t1ee4g2gJHlG-JVBNmkbH?e=Jns0W8 )

:)

kevin2353, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Dec 11, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. hoax32 Win User

What is causing my BSOD?

BSOD Hardware Caused???

It is not overheating - CPU runs 60*C in games.
    Short Circuit - EXTREAMLY UNLIKELY

hoax32, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

What is causing my BSOD?

1. What is causing my BSOD? - Similar Threads - causing BSOD

2. BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe: Hi there,Anyone could help look at this minidump? Just had a BSOD about few minutes ago.https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6ABA45EBB582CEC1%2115335&cid=6ABA45EBB582CEC1...
  3. BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe: Hi there,Anyone could help look at this minidump? Just had a BSOD about few minutes ago.https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6ABA45EBB582CEC1%2115335&cid=6ABA45EBB582CEC1...
  4. BSOD caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help please, bsod caused by CertificateServicesClient?

Help please, bsod caused by CertificateServicesClient?: Keep getting BSOD, every time it occurs its due to an error on this event:Error en la inicialización de la inscripción de certificados de SCEP para WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-6D8MF87$ a través de...
  6. Help please, bsod caused by CertificateServicesClient?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please, bsod caused by CertificateServicesClient?: Keep getting BSOD, every time it occurs its due to an error on this event:Error en la inicialización de la inscripción de certificados de SCEP para WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-6D8MF87$ a través de...
  7. Help please, bsod caused by CertificateServicesClient?

8. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Good evening, on Omen X by HP Laptop 17 Win10 home 21H2 since I replaced the battery with an identical and original product, the PC crashes, especially when the battery is charging. BlueScreenViewer analyzed the 041624-22156-01.dmp reporting a problem with ntoskrnl.exe How...
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Good evening, on Omen X by HP Laptop 17 Win10 home 21H2 since I replaced the battery with an identical and original product, the PC crashes, especially when the battery is charging. BlueScreenViewer analyzed the 041624-22156-01.dmp reporting a problem with ntoskrnl.exe How...
  10. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe