Windows 10: What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

Discus and support What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am baffled and need your help. Running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. My boot drive is a 512GB Samsung 970Pro NVMe. My Windows is a legal copy (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mystiky, Sep 3, 2019.

1. mystiky Win User

What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

I am baffled and need your help. Running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. My boot drive is a 512GB Samsung 970Pro NVMe. My Windows is a legal copy (not hacked version).

I noticed that starting about 2 months ago (even while running previous Windows 10 Pro 1809 build) that every day that I use the PC, about 5GB of mysterious data gets added to my hard drive. So basically at this pace, I will run out of space on my system drive (CWhat is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system? :) in about 20 days. Upgrading to build 1903 hasn't helped.

I have tried figuring out which program may be doing this but so far no luck. I have tried to do a Windows Explorer "Search" for recently used/added files 512MB+ or 1GB+ but nothing looks out of ordinary. I have cleaned out the C:\Users\AppData\ Local\Temp and C:\Windows\Temp directories but that didn't help.

There must be some logging file or something likewise that is causing this behavior. I have run Malware Bytes and Kaspersky KAV virus scans (on all my drives) and they both come up with nothing. Otherwise, my system is running fast and there are no issues at all.

Can someone give me some other ideas of how and what to look for?

:)

mystiky, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 3, 2019
  4. What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

no sound in Windows 10

That's a new step to try. I'll put that on my list of suggestions to give to other customers. Thanks for installing Windows 10 everyone. Thanks for helping others with suggestions on what works/does not work. Have a great day.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

1. What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system? - Similar Threads - causing add every

2. What caused my system crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What caused my system crash?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffffd8ccec771a0, 0xfffffd8ccec770f8, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081923-13796-01.dmp. Report Id: 98f8d4e4-f4cd-4c98-99d6-5a61842a7afa....
  3. What caused my system crash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What caused my system crash?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffffd8ccec771a0, 0xfffffd8ccec770f8, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081923-13796-01.dmp. Report Id: 98f8d4e4-f4cd-4c98-99d6-5a61842a7afa....
  4. 3-5 Blue Screens every day, cannot find cause or solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3-5 Blue Screens every day, cannot find cause or solution.: For over a year now my computer has been having bluescreen issues. It was only about once every few days up until about 1-2 months ago where it suddenly got worse and began to crash at least once a day or up to six or seven times a day. On top of that, my computer goes into...
  5. 3-5 Blue Screens every day, cannot find cause or solution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3-5 Blue Screens every day, cannot find cause or solution.: For over a year now my computer has been having bluescreen issues. It was only about once every few days up until about 1-2 months ago where it suddenly got worse and began to crash at least once a day or up to six or seven times a day. On top of that, my computer goes into...
  6. What caused my system crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused my system crash?: When this crash happened I was moving an old drawing tablet which disconnectsfairly easy when it quickly diconnected and reconnected my computer crashed.Was it the culprit or is something more sinister the cause? Thank you.PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 4eTypically caused by drivers...
  7. C drive losing about 1 gb every day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive losing about 1 gb every day: Hello my c drive is losing about 1 gb of storage everyday and i dont know what the problem is im not downloading anything new and im still losing space and have no idea whats causing it or what to do. if anyone knows how to fix this then please help me because i built this pc...
  8. Windows 10 on a 32 GB hd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on a 32 GB hd: I have a Lenovo ideapad with a 32 GB hard drive. Windows 10 is too big to update correctly. I run Office 365 and Quicken. No pics or music or videos. There are no "excess files" to delete to make more room. Is there anything I can do? Can I go back to an older Windows?...
  9. What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is causing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?: I am baffled and need your help. Running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. My boot drive is a 512GB Samsung 970Pro NVMe. My Windows is a legal copy (not hacked version). I noticed that starting about 2 months ago (even while running previous Windows 10 Pro 1809 build) that every...
  10. What is casuing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is casuing my HD to "add 5 GB "every day on Windows 10 system?: I am baffled and need your help. Running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. My boot drive is a 512GB Samsung 970Pro NVMe. My Windows is a legal copy (not hacked version). I noticed that starting about 2 months ago (even while running previous Windows 10 Pro 1809 build) that every...