Windows 10: What is causing my laptop to not open past the sign in screen. System passes all tests

Discus and support What is causing my laptop to not open past the sign in screen. System passes all tests in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im stuck on the sign in screen. Ran system tests and all pass What is causing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fred Farina, May 2, 2020.

1. What is causing my laptop to not open past the sign in screen. System passes all tests

Im stuck on the sign in screen. Ran system tests and all pass What is causing this

:)

Fred Farina, May 2, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 2, 2020
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 2, 2020
  4. What is causing my laptop to not open past the sign in screen. System passes all tests

I have some issues operating the computer as it won't pass the opening screen.

AM

Amarjeet_Paul replied on

Hi Samuellima,

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

HP 15 notebook pc

2. From when is the issue persisting?

6/26/16

3. What do you mean by, "computer not passing the opening screen " and " I performed all the tests and it all passed except for one, the USB"?

I turn on the computer and it goes, after booting, to a screen where there is the date, time and the battery and wifi sign. I try to click the mouse or manual keyboard and nothing happens. MS tried to fix it remotely but it did not work. it was working before
    they mess with it. They tried to download the apps(?) for the keyboard and wifi. When they tried to restart it didn't work anymore. I can't access my password screen to give them access. Their phone service told me to go to a service center 2 hours and 30
    minutes away. not possible.

4. What exactly is the issue that you are facing in your computer?

can't get past the open screen as referred above. I tried the advice given in this forum and opened the menu by clicking the ESC key several times. I performed all tests on the menu and the tests came as "passed" but the USB gave an error message.

samuellima_774, May 2, 2020
Thema:

What is causing my laptop to not open past the sign in screen. System passes all tests

1. What is causing my laptop to not open past the sign in screen. System passes all tests - Similar Threads - causing laptop open

2. How can I test what is causing my stuttering.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I test what is causing my stuttering.: I am having a weird issue with my input. My keyboard is stuttering, stops typing and then finishes my inputs extra fast. During this stutter the input speed is not lining up with the display on screen speed. I thought it might be the keyboard so I uninstalled the logi+...
  3. How can I test what is causing my stuttering.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I test what is causing my stuttering.: I am having a weird issue with my input. My keyboard is stuttering, stops typing and then finishes my inputs extra fast. During this stutter the input speed is not lining up with the display on screen speed. I thought it might be the keyboard so I uninstalled the logi+...
  4. How can I test what is causing my stuttering.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Part of my laptop screen is suddenly dim. What is the cause

Part of my laptop screen is suddenly dim. What is the cause: The image shows how my screen appears, part of the screen is dim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/part-of-my-laptop-screen-is-suddenly-dim-what-is/cf1adc9c-9065-4a47-b9a9-73641699f67e
  6. Part of my laptop screen is suddenly dim. What is the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Part of my laptop screen is suddenly dim. What is the cause: The image shows how my screen appears, part of the screen is dim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/part-of-my-laptop-screen-is-suddenly-dim-what-is/cf1adc9c-9065-4a47-b9a9-73641699f67e
  7. What caused my system crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What caused my system crash?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffffd8ccec771a0, 0xfffffd8ccec770f8, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081923-13796-01.dmp. Report Id: 98f8d4e4-f4cd-4c98-99d6-5a61842a7afa....
  8. What caused my system crash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What caused my system crash?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffffd8ccec771a0, 0xfffffd8ccec770f8, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081923-13796-01.dmp. Report Id: 98f8d4e4-f4cd-4c98-99d6-5a61842a7afa....
  9. What caused my system crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused my system crash?: When this crash happened I was moving an old drawing tablet which disconnectsfairly easy when it quickly diconnected and reconnected my computer crashed.Was it the culprit or is something more sinister the cause? Thank you.PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 4eTypically caused by drivers...
  10. My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound

My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound: I have these speakers Genius SW G2.1 3000 ands they passed all diagnostic windows tests and test sounds worked but they don't work when i try to use them normally! Help would be greatlyt appreciated...