Windows 10: What is causing my monitor to wake?

Discus and support What is causing my monitor to wake? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever windows turns off my displays, within a minute or two it will play the usb disconnect/connect sound and wake my monitor NOT to the desktop but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/henlokuso, Jun 6, 2022.

1. What is causing my monitor to wake?

Whenever windows turns off my displays, within a minute or two it will play the usb disconnect/connect sound and wake my monitor NOT to the desktop but rather only the backlight will turn on and say "entering power save mode" on 2/3 monitors. I have an AMD 5600x and 6600xt on a ASUS PRIME X470-Pro with all drivers up to date. I've tried new cables, DDU+clean install, disabling "allow device to wake PC" on the network adapter, and using USBLogView with event viewer but nothing shows up there. Even with my old setup (a 3600x and 5600xt on B550) I still had this problem and I just can not figure out what is causing this issue.

submitted by /u/henlokuso
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/henlokuso, Jun 6, 2022

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 6, 2022
  3. THE_EGG Win User
    Monitor problem - not waking up

Hey guys, I have an issue with my BenQ GW2765HT where if I turn on my computer with the monitor in standby (orange light) status the monitor will not wake up. I must then unplug the monitor from the AC power and then replug it and then also restart my computer before the monitor will wake up. This issue is intermittent however and also strangely if I do a restart from Windows the monitor goes to standby for a second or two before waking back up when the POST screen appears which is normal behaviour. So it seems only if the screen is on standby for some time does it fail to wake up again.

Also the monitor will not wake up if it is powered off (although still plugged in) under the same circumstances as if it were just on standby status and also requires the AC power to be disconnected and the computer to be restarted before it wakes up.

Any suggestions? Or should I just take it back to my shop?

info; I bought it in the middle of August last year.
    edit; I am using a displayport cable. I've tried a different displayport cable and also with a different computer and I have the same problem. I also tried DVI and it happened more often.

THE_EGG, Jun 6, 2022
  4. Mark Isi Win User

What is causing my monitor to wake?

waking from sleep mode

Hello,

The cause for laptops not waking up could be either power management issues or monitor failure. Before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, kindly provide the following information:

• When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • How long do you usually wait until you decide to restart the laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
    Please advise so we could assess the issue. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

What is causing my monitor to wake?

1. What is causing my monitor to wake? - Similar Threads - causing monitor wake

2. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out what wakes up my monitor?: I set my monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and never sleep. Sometimes the monitor will automatically turn on, although nobody have touched the keyboard or mouse.Is there any way to know what caused the monitor to turn on?...
  3. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find out what wakes up my monitor?: I set my monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and never sleep. Sometimes the monitor will automatically turn on, although nobody have touched the keyboard or mouse.Is there any way to know what caused the monitor to turn on?...
  4. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. What is the cause of the difference in wake between tab, space or enter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the cause of the difference in wake between tab, space or enter?: I have a new Windows 11 machine fully updated. When I put it into sleep, depending on what button I click I get different resultsClicking to wake:Space = Wake + Edge opensEnter = Wake + Chrome default browser opensTab = Wake, Nothing opensNeither browser was previously...
  6. What is the cause of the difference in wake between tab, space or enter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the cause of the difference in wake between tab, space or enter?: I have a new Windows 11 machine fully updated. When I put it into sleep, depending on what button I click I get different resultsClicking to wake:Space = Wake + Edge opensEnter = Wake + Chrome default browser opensTab = Wake, Nothing opensNeither browser was previously...
  7. Monitor Randomly Waking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Randomly Waking: I'm posting this as it may help others with a similar problem.I've been trying to find out why my monitor keeps randomly waking for years now!I've tried every possible suggestion but nothing has worked up until now.By chance I left the mouse resting on my table top rather...
  8. Playing a game then my monitor went crazy, whats the cause?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing a game then my monitor went crazy, whats the cause?: Hi I was playing a game, then my screen went black and i had a "No signal" message on my monitor. Moments later the screen came back on but there was glitches and visual issues all over my screen (see attached image). I managed to restart the PC and now its all fine again...
  9. What is 'Waking' my PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is 'Waking' my PC?: I have been putting my computer to sleep yet at around the hours of 10pm-12am MST all of a sudden it wakes up. I have disabled my mouse and keyboard both from being able to wake the device, as well they both get turned off and are not on when the PC suddenly wakes itself....
  10. What is waking my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is waking my PC?: I've tried everything here. All my keyboard/mouse devices have "Allow this device to wake the computer" unchecked. Wake timers are disabled. Automatic Maintenance is disabled. Despite all this, my PC still consistently wakes up in the middle of the night around 2-5 AM....