Windows 10: What is causing my pc to crash

Discus and support What is causing my pc to crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://mymdc-my.sharepoint.com/pers...b9db2006&rev=1 ^ Dump file 69120 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by antmann157, Nov 6, 2016.

1. What is causing my pc to crash

antmann157, Nov 6, 2016

2. What is causing my computer to randomly crash?

error log from control panel

What is causing my pc to crash [​IMG]

Maxwell Giuliano, Nov 6, 2016
  3. What is causing my computer to randomly crash?

Please upload no more than three copies
    of your dump files that were created during the last 14 days as shared files to your OneDrive with a link here.

Dump files are usually found at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the files. To show hidden files select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S, type File Explorer Options in the Search box and click Folder Options in the drop down menu. Select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and
    "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please, HTML files are less easy
    to work with.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information
    is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 6, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

What is causing my pc to crash

Looks like your CPU is throwing a cache error in L2 cache. This could be due to a voltage problem. How old is your power supply, and what wattage do you have in there currently as well as GPU?

WHEA record
    !errrec ffffe10bc6d18028
    ===============================================================================
    Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe10bc6d18028
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record Id : 01d237baa33170ae
    Severity : Fatal (1)
    Length : 928
    Creator : Microsoft
    Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
    Timestamp : 11/6/2016 23:50:45 (UTC)
    Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
    Descriptor @ ffffe10bc6d180a8
    Section @ ffffe10bc6d18180
    Offset : 344
    Length : 192
    Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
    Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
    Instr. Set : x64
    Error Type : Cache error
    Operation : Generic
    Flags : 0x00
    Level : 2
    CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
    Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
    Descriptor @ ffffe10bc6d180f0
    Section @ ffffe10bc6d18240
    Offset : 536
    Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
    CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 00 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ ffffe10bc6d18240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
    Descriptor @ ffffe10bc6d18138
    Section @ ffffe10bc6d182c0
    Offset : 664
    Length : 264

Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 5)
    Address : 0x0000000043f9c1c0
    Misc. : 0x000001d082000086

Neemobeer, Nov 6, 2016
  5. I have a i7-4790k cooled by a h80i and my gpu is a GTX 1060 3gb OC edition and my PSU is a evga 650 g1. I have had this psu for about 3-4 months.

antmann157, Nov 7, 2016
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    well you're probably not over drawing on the psu, i would look for a tool to monitor and log cpu voltage compare that against intels spec page. If it's not within tolerance that can cause this bsod

Neemobeer, Nov 7, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    [/quote] As I interpret it, this is incorrect. The CPU reports the error and only reports on what core the error happened, there are multiple 0x124 dumps required to properly say what the problem may be.
    If I interpret this wrong, please let me know.
    @antmann157, please remove Norton/Symantec and use Windows Defender as temporary replacement while troubleshooting.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is causing my pc to crash

1. What is causing my pc to crash - Similar Threads - causing crash

2. An update done to my system causes random black screen crashes how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An update done to my system causes random black screen crashes how do I fix this?: These crashes happen randomly, some days I get none at all some do it ever couple of hours. This mainly happens as I play a game but at times the screen turns black for a couple of seconds and I can still hear audio and when the screen comes back I either have to restart the...
  3. An update done to my system causes random black screen crashes how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An update done to my system causes random black screen crashes how do I fix this?: These crashes happen randomly, some days I get none at all some do it ever couple of hours. This mainly happens as I play a game but at times the screen turns black for a couple of seconds and I can still hear audio and when the screen comes back I either have to restart the...
  4. Windows 11 fresh install, application installation causes major crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 fresh install, application installation causes major crashes: Hello,I recently tried to install some applications onto a fresh install of Windows, and each time they cause a system crash.Here are the reports:Source WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe Summary Stopped working Date ‎5/‎3/‎2024 1:57 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting...
  5. Windows 11 fresh install, application installation causes major crashes

Windows 11 fresh install, application installation causes major crashes: Hello,I recently tried to install some applications onto a fresh install of Windows, and each time they cause a system crash.Here are the reports:Source WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe Summary Stopped working Date ‎5/‎3/‎2024 1:57 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting...
  6. Cannot isolate the problem that is causing my computer to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot isolate the problem that is causing my computer to crash: Hello,I have an MSI Raider GE66, Windows 10, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H 2.70 GHz processor, and 64-bit operating system with x64-based processor. It is hooked up to a Samsung UltraGear ultra-wide monitor via DP. For a few months now, my computer will just crash suddenly....
  7. Cannot isolate the problem that is causing my computer to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot isolate the problem that is causing my computer to crash: Hello,I have an MSI Raider GE66, Windows 11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H 2.70 GHz processor, and 64-bit operating system with x64-based processor. It is hooked up to a Samsung UltraGear ultra-wide monitor via DP. For a few months now, my computer will just crash suddenly....
  8. Cannot isolate the problem that is causing my computer to crash

Cannot isolate the problem that is causing my computer to crash: Hello,I have an MSI Raider GE66, Windows 11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H 2.70 GHz processor, and 64-bit operating system with x64-based processor. It is hooked up to a Samsung UltraGear ultra-wide monitor via DP. For a few months now, my computer will just crash suddenly....
  9. Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog

Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog: I have opened the mini dump file but I am not sure how to distinguish what the cause is. Can someone please help? Is the information below enough?YMBOL_NAME: USBXHCI!Isoch_Stage_MapIntoRing+54dMODULE_NAME: USBXHCIIMAGE_NAME: USBXHCI.SYSIMAGE_VERSION:...
  10. Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog: I have opened the mini dump file but I am not sure how to distinguish what the cause is. Can someone please help? Is the information below enough?YMBOL_NAME: USBXHCI!Isoch_Stage_MapIntoRing+54dMODULE_NAME: USBXHCIIMAGE_NAME: USBXHCI.SYSIMAGE_VERSION:...