Windows 10: What is causing my windows to be resized ?

Discus and support What is causing my windows to be resized ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This seems to only happen on my WIN 10 Pro system (Its only 2 months old). I have never seen this happen on my WIN 10 Home system. It seems to occur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by storageman, Aug 29, 2016.

1. What is causing my windows to be resized ?

This seems to only happen on my WIN 10 Pro system (Its only 2 months old). I have never seen this happen on my WIN 10 Home system. It seems to occur when I have a sized window and I minimize it. After a period of time not using that window, it gets re-sized ! I've been looking for an answer for the last 2 months, but have not found a solution.

Here is a B4 & After pic of my desktop of Windows File Explorer. Anybody have any Idea's what setting needs to be fixed ?

:)

storageman, Aug 29, 2016

2. What is causing my Windows 10 computer to keep changing from no proxy to manual proxy?

Hi Christa,

There could be a lot of reasons why this is happening to your browsers, one of them could be caused by a program that is running in the background. Second, it could be a software that's retaining the settings of the browsers. We would like to know more about
    the issue, please provide answers to the following questions:

• Can you tell us if you made any changes to the settings of your PC?
    • Were you able to perform a full system scan using your antivirus software?
    • Do you remember downloading any programs recently?

For the meantime, please perform a clean boot to start your PC with a minimal set of drivers and startup
    programs and determine what's causing the conflict.

Provide us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Aug 29, 2016
  3. What is causing my Windows 10 computer to keep changing from no proxy to manual proxy?

If you are having issues with the suggested troubleshooting steps, we suggest resetting the Internet Explorer. Doing this procedure will put this app to it's default settings. Kindly check this

link

Note: Resetting the app will delete your favorite sites, bookmarks and passwords. Please make sure that you copy or create a backup of your favorites and bookmarks of trusted sites so that you won't search for them after the reset.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Robert Caw, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

What is causing my windows to be resized ?

That's strange! Try running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt. Is there anything in the error log which gives any clues? You could also try updating to the latest graphics driver.

Steve C, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Sfc comes back clean "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". I'll do some checking on the drivers. Basically, this was a clean install, with new hardware however the graphics card was used previously in the old Windows 7 system.

UPDATE: Windows did find a new driver. I will be monitoring.

storageman, Aug 29, 2016
  6. Well no joy here ! Checked the explorer window after 1 hr, is was fine. Checked at 2hrs, it got minimized into that small window in my initial post. So drivers are not the problem.

storageman, Aug 30, 2016
  7. mgagnonlv Win User
    I don't think it should be an issue, but have you looked at the following parameter (translated from French):
    PC Settings –> System –> Mutitasking –> Automatically arrange windows by moving them to the screen corners or borders.

It is an option that I always leave unchecked because I despise this automatic rearranging. But I wonder if the option is checked and your window is almost in the corner, could slight jerks rearrange it and therefore resize it?

mgagnonlv, Sep 5, 2016
  8. What is causing my windows to be resized ?

Good point, just checked and it is set to OFF.

storageman, Sep 5, 2016
  9. Well 2 weeks and still no further suggestions. But I did a test where I left several windows open on the desktop (I did not minimize them). I came back after 2 hours, the screen saver was activated and when I move the cursor, the desktop came back and the 2 windows that were just left open were now crunched on top of each other in the upper left of the desktop.

I tried the same procedure on my laptop (Which I have never seen this problem) and all windows remained the same after 2 hours.

The laptop is a HOME 64k version vs the Pro version. I matched and checked each setting between the 2 systems and they are the same with the exception of the extra ones that are available in the Pro version.

Some body else has to also have this problem.

storageman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What is causing my windows to be resized ?

1. What is causing my windows to be resized ? - Similar Threads - causing resized

2. BSOD please help , caused by ntoskrnl.exe, PSHED.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD please help , caused by ntoskrnl.exe, PSHED.dll: Hello, My laptop shows BSOD again and again after several minutes or sometimes frequently.I used the BSODViewer to identify what is causing the error and found that ntoskrnl.exe, PSHED.dll are causing the error. I saw many posts stating this could be a driver issue, so I went...
  3. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives: I was using the disk management software in win 10 to first shrink a data partition on disk1old C; operating system.Then take the next one over D: and expand it to use that reclaimed space. The utility did say that it would change the partitions on the drive to logical drives...
  4. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives: I was using the disk management software in win 10 to first shrink a data partition on disk1old C; operating system.Then take the next one over D: and expand it to use that reclaimed space. The utility did say that it would change the partitions on the drive to logical drives...
  5. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

6. Windows 11 - Desktop instance frequent unwarranted resizing causing stutters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Desktop instance frequent unwarranted resizing causing stutters.: No idea what caused the issue, but starting yesterday 25/06/2022 my computer keeps resizing minimizing then restoring the desktop instance. By desktop instance I mean one instance of the Virtual Desktop. Please note that before this happened, I have not used the Virtual...
  7. Windows 11 - Desktop instance frequent unwarranted resizing causing stutters.

Windows 11 - Desktop instance frequent unwarranted resizing causing stutters.: No idea what caused the issue, but starting yesterday 25/06/2022 my computer keeps resizing minimizing then restoring the desktop instance. By desktop instance I mean one instance of the Virtual Desktop. Please note that before this happened, I have not used the Virtual...
  8. What causes slow window resizing and window redraw with hardware accelerated applications...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What causes slow window resizing and window redraw with hardware accelerated applications...: I have a Windows 10 (1909) desktop with a GeForce RTX 2070 on latest Nvidia drivers. In certain applications, on launch, I get the NVIDIA overlay notification and the application (e.g, Spotify) and (Git Tower for Windows 10) become very noticably laggy in their redraw...
  9. Fullscreen video causes windows to resize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fullscreen video causes windows to resize: Whenever I fullscreen a video in any browser and exit out of it I notice that the browser window is now resized to be slightly bigger. The video below is a perfect example of the issue I am seeing. Currently running Windows 10 Pro 1809....
  10. Can't see text resizing causes problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't see text resizing causes problems: Windows 10 same issue with 8.1 Can't resize text anymore, decreases ability to be able to read screen. Other "fixes" cause problems. Can't read text. I'm not blind, I have 20/20 vision, but the text is still too small!...