Windows 10: What is causing the random Blue Screen of Death crashes? Dump files included.

Discus and support What is causing the random Blue Screen of Death crashes? Dump files included. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few months, my computer has been crashing randomly one to several times a day. Could you please help me figure out what is causing it? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matcha_, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Matcha_ Win User

What is causing the random Blue Screen of Death crashes? Dump files included.

For the past few months, my computer has been crashing randomly one to several times a day. Could you please help me figure out what is causing it? I am not an expert, so I am providing all the information I have gathered. I apologize in advance if they are irrelevant. If you need any more information, please let me know!

This is usually the order it randomly crashes in:

1. I click something and nothing happens. When I mouse over things like the taskbar, the "highlight" effect still shows, but when I click an icon, nothing happens. Win + D or ctrl+shift+esc also usually doesn't do anything. Sometimes the cursor starts lagging across the screen and there are beeping noises.

2. The computer basically freezes and the Blue Screen shows for less than a second before the computer starts to reboot.

3. Sometimes, the computer boots into Aptio Setup Utility, other times it just boots into the log in. When I log in after the restart, it often crashes again.

Computer/OS specs:

Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4522738)

MSI gx63vr ne1070 laptop

CPU: i7-7700hq

GPU: integrated intel hd graphics 630, dedicated GTX 1070 dedicated gpu

Ram: 1x16gb

MSInfo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1roswfFqRTArTAxL80h4NbtjyHjJCJtFP/view?usp=sharing

*MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lwMpjq5Ra6O6_rxDwHjQxfwWQbOFhTBi/view?usp=sharing

*minidump file in C:\Windows\Minidump

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MlEKf0YOK-E9Mksr9WsWnmDSB67Y4RJ1/view?usp=sharing

*both of these are last updated on 9/20/2019, but I definitely crashed multiple times after this has happened*

BlueScreenView (Some posts say BlueScreenView is often inaccurate, but here is what I have found)

What is causing the random Blue Screen of Death crashes? Dump files included. 6cf5e046-a2a1-42cc-a485-7589d574ee73?upload=true.png

Blue screen view also highlighted ntoskrnl.exe and igdkmd64.sys as files that are causing problem.

What I have tried:

• Checking for updates for intel graphics driver (no new updates), uninstalled and restarted
    • Updated my Windows version (up-to-date) but still crashes
    • I have ran Malwarebytes multiple times, no major viruses/malware detected.

Can someone please check out the dump files and let me know what is causing the somewhat frequent random blue screens? Is it a hardware issue? Something's not plugged in fully? Corrupt ram? Corrupt driver? Thank you so much for your time in advance!

:)

Matcha_, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 30, 2019
  3. iuppiter Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    What is causing the random Blue Screen of Death crashes? Dump files included. [​IMG]

iuppiter, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. What is causing the random Blue Screen of Death crashes? Dump files included. - Similar Threads - causing random Blue

2. Blue Screen of Death Dump Files Memory Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death Dump Files Memory Management: Could someone please analyze these dump files and let me know what could be causing some of these errors?I suspect it could be from memory instability from XMP? running an OLOY 2 x 16gb 3600Mhz CL 18, amd 5600 cpu.DMP files:...
  3. Blue Screen of Death and How to open Dump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death and How to open Dump files: Hello,I can't seem to find a way to view any of the dump files generated on my computer and starting at the beginning of this week I am getting the blue screen of death once a day. I have a MEMORY.DMP file as well as 2 .dmp files in my minidump folder. I have checked for all...
  4. Blue Screen of Death and How to open Dump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death and How to open Dump files: Hello,I can't seem to find a way to view any of the dump files generated on my computer and starting at the beginning of this week I am getting the blue screen of death once a day. I have a MEMORY.DMP file as well as 2 .dmp files in my minidump folder. I have checked for all...
  5. Blue Screen Of Death error - 3B System_Thread_Exception DUMP FILES INCLUDED PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Of Death error - 3B System_Thread_Exception DUMP FILES INCLUDED PLEASE HELP!!: The issues is That I’m Receiving BSCOD Error or 3B System thread exception, Steps I took prior to Receiving this error. I weren’t doing anything besides doing regular browsing and downloading some games from steam and Battle.net, My system specs are below and I used the...
  6. Blue screen of death not generating dump file

Blue screen of death not generating dump file: Hello,I have a Dell inspiron 3670 Desktop using windows 10, not overlocked.After installing a new WD sn 750 SSD, I'm frequently getting BSOD where the collecting info stays at 0% even after 20 minutes, and no memory dump file is created.I followed the settings under "to...
  7. Blue Screen of Death Dump File Troubleshooting

Blue Screen of Death Dump File Troubleshooting: Hello everyone,Recently my custom desktop running Windows 10 has been getting random blue screens of death. For the past month they've gotten worse, appearing every other day at random times. However, they most frequently happen while I am using my drawing tablet or when I am...
  8. Blue Screen of Death Dump FIles

Blue Screen of Death Dump FIles: Been having trouble reviewing these dump files to figure out the cause of the "Blue Screen of Death". Computer has been getting the BSOD after we upgraded to 1909. Can anyone help with figuring out what could be the cause of this. Dump files below. Computer: HP 640 G3...
  9. Crash with no blue-screen or dump file

Crash with no blue-screen or dump file: Recently I've been getting random crashes on my Windows 10 PC. The screen goes black, all sound stops programs stop, computer lights stay on, and the screen stays on but displays a black screen. It requires a hard reset and will not restart on it's own....
  10. Blue Screen Of Death Memory Dump File

Blue Screen Of Death Memory Dump File: Hello, I Am having BSOD's and cannot figure out why. I have a link to a compressed folder that has my Memory Dump Files, As Well As My InfoFile, And A Full System Readout From Speccy. If Someone Can, Please Hep Me Figure Out The Problem. Here Is The Link To My Compressed...