Windows 10: What is causing this error???

Discus and support What is causing this error??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi everyone, i have been having a problem for a couple of months now, basically, sometimes when i restart my pc, or boot it up from a shutdown it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cameron rowan, Feb 2, 2021.

1. What is causing this error???

hi everyone,

i have been having a problem for a couple of months now, basically, sometimes when i restart my pc, or boot it up from a shutdown it will boot into a blue screen saying that windows is corrupted but other times it will boot up like normal straight to my desktop, I run the repair tool but it just says it can not be fixed.I have also tried comand prompt and that did not repair it either, Even when i try to factory reset my pc, when it does the restart to remove all my files it blue screens and then restarts, boots me back into desktop and says that the reset did not work, I have upgraded PSU since this, I have updated bios, and even tried disabling XMP, still sometimes boots to a windows is corrupted blue screen, sometimes boots into windows fine. On the rare occasion i will get BSOD too. I have tried everything and i just dont know what to do. Even running the repair tool on a usb does not fix it and it is really frustrating and i dont know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas what else I can do to fix this, it is honestly driving me crazy. it is like i am stuck in this endless cycle

:)

cameron rowan, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Edleen Win User

Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Stop Error Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hi Luke,

For us to isolate your concern regarding the error that caused by ntoskrnl.exe, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the exact error message.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Mike0409 Win User

What is causing this error???

System Error.

Event ID for each error? List those, will tell you what caused it on the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Mike0409, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

What is causing this error???

1. What is causing this error??? - Similar Threads - causing error

2. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR/ stornvme.sys causing BOSD errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR/ stornvme.sys causing BOSD errors: For a couple months I have been getting BOSDs with the error code: Internal_Power_Error. I have done everything short of buying a new laptop and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. When I analyze the dump files it says the problem is stornvme.sys. I have gotten...
  3. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR/ stornvme.sys causing BOSD errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR/ stornvme.sys causing BOSD errors: For a couple months I have been getting BOSDs with the error code: Internal_Power_Error. I have done everything short of buying a new laptop and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. When I analyze the dump files it says the problem is stornvme.sys. I have gotten...
  4. Why is a missing ssd causing error code 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is a missing ssd causing error code 0xc0000034: So I was trying to dual boot windows 11 on my asus tuf laptop. I made a seperate 220 GB partition using disk management, formatted the usb and used the windows media creation tool to flash it and added the "ei.cfg" file in the sources folder so i could choose the os type.All...
  5. Why is a missing ssd causing error code 0xc0000034

Why is a missing ssd causing error code 0xc0000034: So I was trying to dual boot windows 11 on my asus tuf laptop. I made a seperate 220 GB partition using disk management, formatted the usb and used the windows media creation tool to flash it and added the "ei.cfg" file in the sources folder so i could choose the os type.All...
  6. How do I fix Fortnite lauch error cause everytime I try to start it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Fortnite lauch error cause everytime I try to start it.: Picture: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-fortnite-lauch-error-cause-everytime/7d7b8b54-216a-4ae5-a1be-8918cadbe57f
  7. How do I fix Fortnite lauch error cause everytime I try to start it.

How do I fix Fortnite lauch error cause everytime I try to start it.: Picture: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-fortnite-lauch-error-cause-everytime/7d7b8b54-216a-4ae5-a1be-8918cadbe57f
  8. Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen: Hi AllI have a Windows 10 device which was previously working fine.Out of a sudden when I was checking on the device, I saw it it was showing the typical EFI Shell version 2.6 start up error black screenWith details such asfs0: HardDisk = Alias ...blk0: HardDisk -...
  9. Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen

Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen: Hi AllI have a Windows 10 device which was previously working fine.Out of a sudden when I was checking on the device, I saw it it was showing the typical EFI Shell version 2.6 start up error black screenWith details such asfs0: HardDisk = Alias ...blk0: HardDisk -...
  10. Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging