Windows 10: what is clean rollback

Discus and support what is clean rollback in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We let a scammer take control of our computer. I read that I should do a clean rollback. How do I do this? Should it be done by a professional?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnKuby, Oct 23, 2018.

1. JohnKuby Win User

what is clean rollback

We let a scammer take control of our computer. I read that I should do a clean rollback. How do I do this? Should it be done by a professional?

:)

JohnKuby, Oct 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Oct 23, 2018
  4. what is clean rollback

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

what is clean rollback

1. what is clean rollback - Similar Threads - clean rollback

2. Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11': Hi all,I bought a brand new Windows 11 home Pro USB to install on a brand new SSD. However, it say 'The PC can't run Windows 11' after keying in the product key.I have flashed my MB with the latest Bios, enabled TPM, enable secure boot..... However, when I enabled secure...
  3. Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11': Hi all,I bought a brand new Windows 11 home Pro USB to install on a brand new SSD. However, it say 'The PC can't run Windows 11' after keying in the product key.I have flashed my MB with the latest Bios, enabled TPM, enable secure boot..... However, when I enabled secure...
  4. Cannot sign in after Clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in after Clean boot: So, this is my problem:I clean booted on my 13 years old laptop model Vostro 15-3568. After the boot I was greeted by the lock screen as usual, but signing in by PIN got disabled, only the option of using passwords is availble, which I have never used for nearly a decade, so...
  5. Cannot sign in after Clean boot

Cannot sign in after Clean boot: So, this is my problem:I clean booted on my 13 years old laptop model Vostro 15-3568. After the boot I was greeted by the lock screen as usual, but signing in by PIN got disabled, only the option of using passwords is availble, which I have never used for nearly a decade, so...
  6. Cannot sign in after Clean boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. System components not working on Acer laptop after clean install of Windows 11, also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System components not working on Acer laptop after clean install of Windows 11, also...: Hello,I have a brand new Acer Nitro V laptop. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 11 on it because I didn't like certain elements of how the initial installation went. I am performing a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB drive. When I try to do the clean install of...
  8. System components not working on Acer laptop after clean install of Windows 11, also...

System components not working on Acer laptop after clean install of Windows 11, also...: Hello,I have a brand new Acer Nitro V laptop. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 11 on it because I didn't like certain elements of how the initial installation went. I am performing a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB drive. When I try to do the clean install of...
  9. Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10?: Look...i did the free upgrade to windows 10,then i did a format (clean install) wos 10 with a bootable usb...can i go back to windows 7 to delete vpn client and then back to windows 10? 13724
  10. Rollback to Windows 8.1 then CLean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Rollback to Windows 8.1 then CLean install: I upgraded to windows 10 but now I want to roll back to windows 8.1. In the future if I want to perform a clean install in my laptop will my windows 10 still be activated? 16086

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how rollback to clean windows

2. clean rollback

3. what is windows rollback

4. kb4462933