Windows 10: What is com surrogate

Discus and support What is com surrogate in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had com surrogate I searched up what it was and alot of youtube video's said it was a virus so I deleted it and now my friend is telling its a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/markdojo13, Jul 20, 2020.

1. What is com surrogate

I had com surrogate I searched up what it was and alot of youtube video's said it was a virus so I deleted it and now my friend is telling its a very important file on your computer and now I am scared can you help?

submitted by /u/markdojo13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/markdojo13, Jul 20, 2020

2. COM Surrogate

Hi,

To better address your concern, kindly refer to the support article below:

For more information about COM Surrogate, visit this
    link

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Jul 20, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

What is com surrogate

Error Message: COM Surrogate has stopped working

Hi Bernard,

COM Surrogate is a process in Windows 10 that is in charge of showing thumbnails and similar information. Issues with COM Surrogate
    is probably caused by MacType or codecs and other COM components installed by various software, like some versions of DivX or Nero.

We would like to know some information to better assist you:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What specific activity are you doing when the error message come up?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? for us to know what troubleshooting steps we can provide next.

Please check the details of the errors using the steps below and provide us with a screenshot:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type View all, then click on View all problem reports Control panel.
    • Right-click on a few of the "COM Surrogate", "Stopped working" errors.
    • View technical details.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

What is com surrogate

1. What is com surrogate - Similar Threads - com surrogate

2. COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate: Is it bad that I have three COM Surrogate showing up on Task Manager? Someone said its a virus. I also have Antivirus called BitDefender please someone help this is only new laptop, I dont want viruses!...
  3. Com Surrogate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Com Surrogate: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hate to waste your time with this matter, but I am quite worried about the safety of my pc.My worry started as I was perusing through my images when I had gotten a pop up with the following statement,"Downloading files from OneDrive to COM...
  4. Incredibly high GPU usage in COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incredibly high GPU usage in COM Surrogate: The COM Surrogate task in consuming insane amounts of GPU on computer startup. I can end it however then some of the settings stop working and when I delete it the settings menu no longer opens. It is in the System32 folder so I know it is a legitimate file, no idea what...
  5. COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate: Gostaria de saber se isso é um virus ou um programa legivel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/com-surrogate/78136555-aabd-40e5-ae6e-d2acdf4ccdad
  6. Word, DllHost and Com Surrogate continually stop working

Word, DllHost and Com Surrogate continually stop working: I have Windows 10 2H20 + Office 365 64 bit. I have a system drive C and a data drive D. Windows update not showing any new updates Today I have well over a dozen instances. Apart from Word I only see events from the Reliability history. Word starts, I can open files from...
  7. This action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate.: hi guys, so i downloaded a photo from google then after using it i decided to delete that photo but it says that it can't delete the file because of COM surrogate but after i full scanned my pc i am able to delete the file (photo) so i successfully deleted the file (photo)...
  8. COM Surrogate when trying to copy files into protected areas like Program Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COM Surrogate when trying to copy files into protected areas like Program Files: Recently, on my Windows 10, when I'm trying to copy files into a folder that requires admin prompt, like Program Files, nothing happens. This is linked to a COM Surrogate process. If I launch task manager, I see a COM Surrogate process taking up about 10% processor time,...
  9. COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage

COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage: [ATTACH]this happend after installing an app i unistalled it and restart but nothing happened scanned my files but no threats were found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-surrogate-20-cpu-and-usage/a739637e-40ed-4e19-9347-88749f65fcf8
  10. COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?

COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?: Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me, this is obviously a very technical issue beyond my understanding. Reliability History is showing hundreds of instances of COM Surrogate stopping working. At the same time this happens, I tend to experience general PC slowness,...