Windows 10: What is Cortana running on my kid's computer?

Discus and support What is Cortana running on my kid's computer? in Cortana to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out Cortana's purpose and if I can block it. I saw another post from 2017 with the same parent concern and the question had been... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by VeraSmith2, Sep 24, 2020.

1. What is Cortana running on my kid's computer?

I am trying to figure out Cortana's purpose and if I can block it. I saw another post from 2017 with the same parent concern and the question had been moved to "Surface". I searched "Surface" and it's not there either. SO, this is a big mystery. If I block Cortana, will it interfere with other programs? Is this some work around she has to get to websites or apps that I normally have on block?

:)

VeraSmith2, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 24, 2020
  3. AndySteck Win User
    Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

• Is there a way to dissable access to Internet Explorer entirely from within Kids Corner?
    This way if a game has a link to a webpage or youtube video the kid pressing that button can't get to it.

I will post the suggestion at the feature suggestions page. But to me this sounds more like a flaw in the Kids Corner coding and should be patched.

• Is there another forum I should post to in order to raise additional awareness?

AndySteck, Sep 24, 2020
  4. What is Cortana running on my kid's computer?

[WINDOWS 10] Cortana not using voice to respond

Hi,

Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

I would suggest that you run a SFC scan and check. Follow the below steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Check if issue still occurs with Cortana.

Vinod Archak, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

What is Cortana running on my kid's computer?

1. What is Cortana running on my kid's computer? - Similar Threads - Cortana running kid's

2. Cortana and Xbox running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Xbox running: In System Explorer I have found Cortana and Xbox running when they are off. I've noticed in certain areas of my computer it thinks I'm an Enterprise and I am not. This is one of the examples of that. I'm looking for how to find who is accessing this remotely since it was...
  3. Cortana and Xbox running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cortana and Xbox running: In System Explorer I have found Cortana and Xbox running when they are off. I've noticed in certain areas of my computer it thinks I'm an Enterprise and I am not. This is one of the examples of that. I'm looking for how to find who is accessing this remotely since it was...
  4. Cortana and Xbox running

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cortana crashing my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana crashing my computer: I opened cortana by accident and it crashed my computer and I don’t know what to do because it is not starting. (Picture in the comments) submitted by /u/Blitzwing33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9x3j4/cortana_crashing_my_computer/
  6. Cortana in my computer is not working

in Cortana
    Cortana in my computer is not working: I did not find Cortana. My country is Vietnamese. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-in-my-computer-is-not-working/02785afa-02ac-47bc-9e0f-fadc14ddc566"
  7. What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer?

in Windows 10 News
    What is mDNSResponder.exe? Why is it running on my computer?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This discussion is a part of a series in which we discuss files and services which may raise a question of legitimacy in your minds. Today we will discuss mDNSResponder.exe/Bonjour service process. If you have seen it in the Task [...] This post What is...
  8. what is cortana

in Cortana
    what is cortana: what is cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cortana/e265cf10-b1f7-4ced-bb70-628226b5d037"
  9. what's up with my cortana

in Cortana
    what's up with my cortana: Hi friends, last night everything worked fine on my laptop Hp but today I turn it on and see that the search box disappeared, I only see the microphone of my cortana, this is why? I want to recover my search box...
  10. Cortana is not working on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is not working on my computer?: I am using a Surface Pro 3. When I first enabled Cortana, she worked perfectly. Now, if I click on the mic to talk to Cortana, my start menu just appears black and crashes. If I say Hey Cortana, no response. Does anybody know how to fix this. 11099