Windows 10: What is crashing my computer? Dumpfile included

Discus and support What is crashing my computer? Dumpfile included in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something's causing my computer to freeze completely. I doesn't even respond to ctrl+alt+delete, I have to manually shut it down. I have installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bioxed, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Bioxed Win User

What is crashing my computer? Dumpfile included

Something's causing my computer to freeze completely. I doesn't even respond to ctrl+alt+delete, I have to manually shut it down.

I have installed Docker Desktop today which needed a linux kernel so that might be crashing it I'm not sure because it happened 3 times today but it has happened in the past as well, just not this frequently.

I ran a disk check on my c drive there were no errors I do have 2 other drives.

I ran memory diagnostic it found no errors maybe I should run memtest86 ?.

In the dump file I found Npfs.SYS but I don't know what else to look at or what to do about that, it's the first time I've ever looked at a dump file...

My pc isn't overclocked.

Here's the .dmp :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjqZmILCTkVbfSCOS1rNDVv-Vvg?e=A4szq8

Thanks in advance !

:)

Bioxed, Nov 28, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 28, 2020
  4. What is crashing my computer? Dumpfile included

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

What is crashing my computer? Dumpfile included

1. What is crashing my computer? Dumpfile included - Similar Threads - crashing computer Dumpfile

2. PC Crash instant reboot - No dumpfiles created to investigate.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crash instant reboot - No dumpfiles created to investigate.: Hello Everybody,Hope you're doing good.I have recently replaced most of my components on my pc CPU / GPU / RAM & Motherboard.But some problem came with it:As you can see on the title, my pc now crash reboot directly, no freeze, no sound distortion...--I am playing video...
  3. PC Crash instant reboot - No dumpfiles created to investigate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crash instant reboot - No dumpfiles created to investigate.: Hello Everybody,Hope you're doing good.I have recently replaced most of my components on my pc CPU / GPU / RAM & Motherboard.But some problem came with it:As you can see on the title, my pc now crash reboot directly, no freeze, no sound distortion...--I am playing video...
  4. Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal -dumpfile attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal -dumpfile attached: I have been having crashes due to driver_irql_not_less_or_equal for over 2 months now, I do not know why and all the fixes I’ve tried have failed.In fact, my computer has crashed 4 times while writing this, the last 2 times didn’t even give me a BSOD, the screen just went...
  5. Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal -dumpfile attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal -dumpfile attached: I have been having crashes due to driver_irql_not_less_or_equal for over 2 months now, I do not know why and all the fixes I’ve tried have failed.In fact, my computer has crashed 4 times while writing this, the last 2 times didn’t even give me a BSOD, the screen just went...
  6. Bsod dumpfile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod dumpfile.: Debugging Details:------------------KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : AV.Type Value: Read Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value: 2078 Key : Analysis.DebugAnalysisManager Value: Create Key : Analysis.Elapsed.mSec Value: 2095 Key : Analysis.Init.CPU.mSec Value: 405 Key :...
  7. Bsod dumpfile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod dumpfile.: Debugging Details:------------------KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : AV.Type Value: Read Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value: 2078 Key : Analysis.DebugAnalysisManager Value: Create Key : Analysis.Elapsed.mSec Value: 2095 Key : Analysis.Init.CPU.mSec Value: 405 Key :...
  8. Bsod dumpfile.

9. Bad Dumpfile

Bad Dumpfile: I am getting the following hardware error from the reliability history which caused my computer to crash and automatically reboot. I have updated my drivers, motherboard, graphic card, and ran a memtest86 to check on the health of my RAMs and they are all perfectly fine....
  10. What if my computer's hard drive crashed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What if my computer's hard drive crashed?: I have recently upgraded my ASUS G73SW-XN2 laptop to windows 10 from windows 7. Having purchased a copy from the Microsoft website that led me to receive a physical USB with a CD key for windows 10 home 64bit. My question is: in the event that my hard drive was to crash, that...