Windows 10: What is csrss.exe or Client Server Runtime process?

Discus and support What is csrss.exe or Client Server Runtime process? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If you open the Windows Task Manager, you may see a process csrss.exe. This is Client Server Runtime file, and it is a Windows operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 29, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

What is csrss.exe or Client Server Runtime process?

WinClub, Dec 29, 2018

2. CSRSS @ c/i386

alt tab delete... process list comes up.... found says CSRSS.EXE press end process.... popup says:

"this is a critial system process. task manager cannot end this process"

HiddenStupid, Dec 29, 2018
  3. CSRSS @ c/i386

CSRSS.EXE - Confusion

Csrss.exe is the Microsoft client server runtime which generates worker threads for client requests. The confusion over csrss.exe comes from Trojans or viruses that use the same executable name (.exe) as that of csrss.

Many spyware/malware programs use filenames of usual, non-malware programs.

The legitimate csrss.exe is part of the Microsoft client server software and is a very important part of the system which should not be removed.

One way to determine if csrss.exe is a legitimate file besides looking at the date modified is to right click on csrss.exe inside Task Manager and attempt to end process. Because csrss is a critical file, Microsoft should inform you with a message that csrss.exe is a critical system process and end it is not possible.

If you do not receive this message when attempting to end the csrss.exe process, then it may indeed be a virus.

smartali89, Dec 29, 2018
  4. What is csrss.exe or Client Server Runtime process?

Bad Memory leak related to a csrss process, system process and possible CCC.exe

CCC is the ati video card software. Very large program. Could be updating software in background, and installing software.

csrss could be a virus. It depends where it is located, It is easy to misidentify a process as a virus, you have to look at it very carefully (check spelling, spaces, file type ect)

Read up on the csrss.exe to figure out if it is a virus or a legitimate process

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/csrss/

Andrew P Jones, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

What is csrss.exe or Client Server Runtime process?

1. What is csrss.exe or Client Server Runtime process? - Similar Threads - csrss exe Client

2. Desktop Windows Manager dwm.exe and Client Server Runtime Process csrss are using 40-80% of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manager dwm.exe and Client Server Runtime Process csrss are using 40-80% of...: I have had this issue since i got my computer almost a year ago and I have tried various solutions, such as updating my drivers, changing my power plan and even reinstalling windows only a safe reset though and nothing seems to work and it consists on these two proceses using...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager dwm.exe and Client Server Runtime Process csrss are using 40-80% of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager dwm.exe and Client Server Runtime Process csrss are using 40-80% of...: I have had this issue since i got my computer almost a year ago and I have tried various solutions, such as updating my drivers, changing my power plan and even reinstalling windows only a safe reset though and nothing seems to work and it consists on these two proceses using...
  4. Desktop Windows Manager dwm.exe and Client Server Runtime Process csrss are using 40-80% of...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop Window Manager and Client Server Runtime Process uses gpu.

Desktop Window Manager and Client Server Runtime Process uses gpu.: Hi, I have a gaming laptop RTX 2060 and Ryzen 9 4900h with AMD RadeonTM Graphics. Yesterday, my laptop was getting a little hot so I decided to check the task manager. Then, I saw dwm.exe and csrss.exe using about 5~10% of integrated gpu. I searched other forums and saw many...
  6. Client Server Runtime Process Using High GPU Usage

Client Server Runtime Process Using High GPU Usage: I booted my PC the other day and when I got in a game I was getting around 20fps and so I checked task manager and it said I was at 100% usage, which is definitely not the case for a 2080Ti. Then I noticed when I'd closed the game that Client Server Runtime Process was using...
  7. Client Server Runtime Process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Client Server Runtime Process: Client Server Runtime Process use gpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/client-server-runtime-process/df726b03-6143-43b4-b13f-4d79a691b757
  8. Client Server Runtime Process GPU spikes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client Server Runtime Process GPU spikes: Hello, I've been having these GPU Spkies since some weeks, this started to happen when i updated to Windows 10 v1909 on the v1903 this didnt happened but it started to happen after some days i installed v1909 it mainly happens if i have a video playing the gpu just spikes...
  9. Client Server Runtime Process sucking 40-50% GPU...

Client Server Runtime Process sucking 40-50% GPU...: Client Server Runtime Process sucking 40-50% GPU while watching media. It just bumps up causing frame drops in the video. I tried setting the priority of csrss.exe to low but that didn't help. Also changing the priority of dwm.exe didn't. Please help me fix this, this is a...
  10. Client Server Runtime Process using 40-70% of GPU

Client Server Runtime Process using 40-70% of GPU: I was trying to fix one problem I was having, and while trying to fix that, I ran into another. The other one can wait, because I cannot fix the other one with fixing this one first. So a service called Client Server Runtime Process is taking up anywhere between 40-70% of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. csrss.exe Client Server Runtime Process