Windows 10: What is ctfmon.exe? Should I disable it on Windows10?

Discus and support What is ctfmon.exe? Should I disable it on Windows10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A few fraudulent anti-virus and tech-support companies have been trying to present genuine processes in the Windows Task Manager as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 31, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

What is ctfmon.exe? Should I disable it on Windows10?

WinClub, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jan 31, 2019
  3. CloudyYK Win User
    ctfmon

I randomly got ctfmon on my task manager running and i've tried everything to disable it. It is not on my startup for task manager either :/ pls help me remove it

<Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage>

CloudyYK, Jan 31, 2019
  4. What is ctfmon.exe? Should I disable it on Windows10?

windows10 ,laptop question regarding disableing security software at boot

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can disable the startup programs so that it will not start up when you turn the system on.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.

• Type msconfig. Click OK.

• Click on Startup. Click on Open Task Manager.

• Select the program and click on Disable.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

What is ctfmon.exe? Should I disable it on Windows10?

1. What is ctfmon.exe? Should I disable it on Windows10? - Similar Threads - ctfmon exe Should

2. How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?: I just opened my laptop and this thing pop out and it says ctfmon.exe - Bad ImageC:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  3. what services should I disable if I want better performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what services should I disable if I want better performance?: Helllo!It's been a long time since I've posted on here, I think.Anyways, I'm wanting to know what applications are completely safe to uninstall through Powershell, I've already gotten rid of some such as your phone, maps, and Cortana, I made sure these can be reinstalled...
  4. what services should I disable if I want better performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what services should I disable if I want better performance?: Helllo!It's been a long time since I've posted on here, I think.Anyways, I'm wanting to know what applications are completely safe to uninstall through Powershell, I've already gotten rid of some such as your phone, maps, and Cortana, I made sure these can be reinstalled...
  5. Cannot open .exe files in Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open .exe files in Windows10: I am unable to open any .exe files on my Windows10 desktop computer. Sometimes absolutely nothing happens when I double click on the .exe file. And sometimes I get messages like "Can't initialize plug-ins directory..." or "error5: Access is denied". I followed the advice...
  6. What should I buy to install Windows10/Windows10 Pro on a computer with no OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should I buy to install Windows10/Windows10 Pro on a computer with no OS?: Hello! I am thinking on buying a gaming PC, and I decided I would buy one with no os on it, so I can manually install a os, and save more money in the long run, but what cd/usb should I buy to install Windows10/Windows10 Pro to install it with no OS? submitted by...
  7. WinHlp32.exe support in WINDOWS10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinHlp32.exe support in WINDOWS10: Hi, We have some content to display which is in .hlp format. We are using WINHELP() API to display the help content which worked fine till windows xp and windows 7. We see now that winhlp32.exe is deprecated in windows 10 and content is not displayed when used WINHELP()...
  8. CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work: how do I fix my keyboard is not working web site said to check for CTFMON.exe but I am not finding it under system 32 files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctfmonexe-is-missing-how-do-i-fix-it-my-keyboard/b0dd6628-a5b4-4cce-8b99-39f3b4259813
  9. Should I disable the pagefile?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I disable the pagefile?: Just curious if I have enough memory to disable the pagefile without causing any harm?? [img] I have no idea how this happened! It's an older laptop that hasn't been booted in a year or so. It really has 8 GB of system memory, but apparently, Windows 7 forgot the...
  10. Should I disable Superfetch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable Superfetch?: I know it loads programs to the RAM so they can open faster and actually It doesn't really bother me but I just want to ask - Does it really improve performance that much? My system runs pretty fast, considering its age, and I'm just wondering, will there be a significant...
Tags: