Windows 10: What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11

Discus and support What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I saw a post dated July 16, 2019, recommending free Macrium for image backups. Then I saw another post saying that free Macrium was being retired. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kirk Birdman, Jun 8, 2023.

1. What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11

I saw a post dated July 16, 2019, recommending free Macrium for image backups. Then I saw another post saying that free Macrium was being retired. What is currently recommended for doing image backups of Windows 10 and Windows 11 I have two desktops running 10 and a laptop running 11? I will consider non-free software if it is not too expensive.

:)

Kirk Birdman, Jun 8, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Windows 11 Image Backup

If you want to update the current Image, you would need to run Backup and Restore feature from the control panel. Taking the backup would update the system Image.

This is the reason why I suggested moving to the third party solution, because even Microsoft has just kept it for compatbility purposes. Even MS recommends moving to a 3rd party vendor asap.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jun 8, 2023
  4. Scrizz Win User

What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11

1. What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11 - Similar Threads - currently recommended image

2. What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11: I saw a post dated July 16, 2019, recommending free Macrium for image backups. Then I saw another post saying that free Macrium was being retired. What is currently recommended for doing image backups of Windows 10 and Windows 11 I have two desktops running 10 and a laptop...
  3. What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is currently recommended for image backups on Window 10 & 11: I saw a post dated July 16, 2019, recommending free Macrium for image backups. Then I saw another post saying that free Macrium was being retired. What is currently recommended for doing image backups of Windows 10 and Windows 11 I have two desktops running 10 and a laptop...
  4. Windows 10/11 not changing current Lockscreen image

Windows 10/11 not changing current Lockscreen image: This is the error I get whenever I try to change my lockscreen, I have tried most solutions available on the web but none has worked. kind regards....
  5. Windows 11 Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Image Backup: I find on my external drive a folder labeled as windowsimagebackup but cannot access it. Properties shows it size as 0 but diskexplorer reports it is 264GB. It was created in January in Windows 11. 1 How do I test it to see if it truly is an image backup? 2 How do I update it...
  6. Windows 11 Image Backup

Windows 11 Image Backup: I find on my external drive a folder labeled as windowsimagebackup but cannot access it. Properties shows it size as 0 but diskexplorer reports it is 264GB. It was created in January in Windows 11. 1 How do I test it to see if it truly is an image backup? 2 How do I update it...
  7. Recommended imaging software for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recommended imaging software for Windows 10?: I want to move Windows 10 from a small NVME drive to a larger one. This is on an ASUS laptop so I can't do a generic Windows installation. Anyone have suggestions on imaging application or methods to accomplish the above with minimum fuss? freeware or shareware? Note: laptop...
  8. Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought: I am looking at Acronis or Macrium. Any thoughts? Is the free version of Macrium good or should I buy one. Many thanks SM 125805
  9. Recommend backup software for 10

Recommend backup software for 10: Hi ... I'm curious if anyone is using a backup software with windows 10 ? And, if so which are you using ? I always been a Acronis True Image user but their latest version 2015 I really hate the whole interface of it . I did try it out but it has fail when I try to restore an...
  10. Recommendation for image backup software

Recommendation for image backup software: Hi All, Just wondering what image backup software do you recommend? I've been using Acronis 2016 and I've had a couple of minor niggles with it lately and am thinking about changing. I would prefer something with a small footprint and an easy to use interface. 25307