Windows 10: What is Data Exchange Host and why was it in my task manager?

Discus and support What is Data Exchange Host and why was it in my task manager? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know other posts exist, but the explanations don't really answer my question. I was toying with trying to fix some desktop notification issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SleeplessShitposter, Jul 29, 2020.

1. What is Data Exchange Host and why was it in my task manager?

I know other posts exist, but the explanations don't really answer my question. I was toying with trying to fix some desktop notification issues related to Discord, and I noticed this task running. I shut down and started my PC and it disappeared.

Research tells me it's related to virtual machines, something I don't use, and Hyper-V, something which I can't even find to turn off. It was only using 3 MB of my memory and nothing else. What do you all think was going on? Malwarebytes and Defender both come up clean when I do quick scans, and the task was certified by Microsoft and created back in May, implying it isn't some new malware (I would have caught it by now), but I need peace of mind.

submitted by /u/SleeplessShitposter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SleeplessShitposter, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2020
  3. IrdealDJA Win User
    Problem with the Task Host Window and the shutting down

Hi Sayan_Gosh, thanks for your fast response! I will answer first all the four questions that you are asking me:

• The PC that I'm using is a Gateway model DX4860 with previous Windows 7 Home Premium.
    • I have upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update settings.
    • I have Norton Security Deluxe installed in my PC.
    • And finally, all programs were closed before shutting down Windows.
    I will execute your initial recommendations and the
    diagnostic steps that you suggest me; and I will let you know the status of the "Task Host issue".

IrdealDJA, Jul 29, 2020
  4. jrowla Win User

What is Data Exchange Host and why was it in my task manager?

Task Host window

Why did I get a Task Host window when I was restarting my computer? What is the Task Host window?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC)

jrowla, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

What is Data Exchange Host and why was it in my task manager?

1. What is Data Exchange Host and why was it in my task manager? - Similar Threads - Data Exchange Host

2. Too many service host in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many service host in task manager: it is slowing down my laptop n it is annoying pls help me to get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-service-host-in-task-manager/63349ad3-d2a4-47ea-8b79-5b8f420687dc
  3. Too many service host in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many service host in task manager: it is slowing down my laptop n it is annoying pls help me to get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-service-host-in-task-manager/63349ad3-d2a4-47ea-8b79-5b8f420687dc
  4. Too many service host in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Host Manager problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Host Manager problem: I have a Microsoft Surface Prop running Windows 10. After a recent update, my task bar won't display properly, I cannot access the internet, and the computer won't close - I keep getting the message "Device Install Reboot Required. I have tried to access other on-line...
  6. What is wrong with my task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is wrong with my task manager?: [ATTACH] Not a big deal, but this creeped me out at first. I tried to resize the window, but the graphic thumbnails don't come up. They show as colorful circles....
  7. What happens if you end Task Manager's task with Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if you end Task Manager's task with Task Manager?: Hello, I'm just kinda curious at what would happen if you end the Task Manager with Task Manager... Would it go into an infinite loop cycle similar to the "what if you deleted the recycle bin" theory of a black hole in your computer? Would it crash the program? Not...
  8. What's up with my task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's up with my task manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DumbRacer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8c75m/whats_up_with_my_task_manager/
  9. Deleting data off task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting data off task manager: I started deleting items off my task manager without knowing what I was deleting. I did it because I thought It would speed my computer up, but now every time I try to open up files or try to download something, only like 2 letters show up so I can't read anything....
  10. What is Background Task Host?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Background Task Host?: Cortana is Windows 10 user's personal assistant. To interact with Cortana, one must communicate via audio or the visual graphical User Interface. Application Name praid:CortanaUI

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com