Windows 10: What is device encryption, and should I use it?

Discus and support What is device encryption, and should I use it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LightJack05, Feb 26, 2022.

1. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are connected to the internet and signed into a Microsoft Account. Your device needs to have a TPM and Secure Boot enabled.Device encryption is available in Windows 10 & 11 Home, while Bitlocker isn't available in the Home edition. The documentation from Microsoft can be found here: Device encryption in Windows microsoft.comDevice encryption is intended to protect your data in case your device gets stolen. It verifies that the security of

:)

LightJack05, Feb 26, 2022

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 26, 2022
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Feb 26, 2022
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

What is device encryption, and should I use it?

device encryption

All apps » Settings » System » Device encryption » Device encryption: On

That encrypts just the internal phone memory and not the microSD, yet. Therefore:

• All apps » Settings » System » About » More info: Please, post (just) your OS build
    • Did you try a new microSD already and did that face the same issue?

Abi99 (2), Feb 26, 2022
Thema:

What is device encryption, and should I use it?

1. What is device encryption, and should I use it? - Similar Threads - device encryption should

2. Can't delete an encrypted PDF file. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete an encrypted PDF file. What should I do?: I'm trying to delete a PDF file on OneDrive that is encrypted. No matter what or how many times I try, it still won't be deleted - perhaps because it is school-related. According to its properties, it was first created/downloaded on 6/15/2023, and it was on Windows 11. Of...
  3. Can't delete an encrypted PDF file. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete an encrypted PDF file. What should I do?: Just to be clear as possible, I'm trying to delete a PDF file that is encrypted. No matter what or how many times I try, it still won't be deleted - perhaps because it is school-related. According to its properties, it was first created/downloaded on 6/15/2023, and it was on...
  4. What sound driver should I use for Realtek6.0.9520.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What sound driver should I use for Realtek6.0.9520.1: I have a Dell windows 11 PC there are 18 updates for Realtek sound driver 6.0.9520.1. I do not know which one to use so I can get my pc sound card to work...
  5. "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?: " no bootable device" on screen. What should I do? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-on-screen-what-should-i-do/fdf528cc-f84d-4093-9be9-0fd013216b67
  6. "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?

"no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?: " no bootable device" on screen. What should I do? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-on-screen-what-should-i-do/fdf528cc-f84d-4093-9be9-0fd013216b67
  7. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is device encryption, and should I use it?: Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are connected to the internet and signed into a Microsoft Account. Your device needs to have a TPM and Secure Boot enabled.Device...
  8. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is device encryption, and should I use it?: Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are connected to the internet and signed into a Microsoft Account. Your device needs to have a TPM and Secure Boot enabled.Device...
  9. What should I do if I change my device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should I do if I change my device?: Hi all, just a doubt. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 OS, and I want to switch to another Dell laptop not right nowwith Windows OS, then what are the steps to be taken? 1Should a fresh copy of windows be loaded? 2How can I get all my apps in my old device to my new...
  10. No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do?

No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do?: I'm using Home version and there is no BitLocker or even Device Encryption in the Settings. I want to know if I can download Bitlocker or any alternative of this app, I want to encrypt my Drives...