Windows 10: What is DirectX? How does it work? Versions, History and Troubleshooting

Discus and support What is DirectX? How does it work? Versions, History and Troubleshooting in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Gaming and multimedia applications are some of the most satisfying programs you can get […] This article What is DirectX? How does it work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 11, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

What is DirectX? How does it work? Versions, History and Troubleshooting

WinClub, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Ian Ser Win User

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Nov 11, 2020
  3. directx and windows 10

Hi,

DirectX is a set of components in Windows that allows software, primarily and especially games, to work directly with your video and audio hardware.
    In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which DirectX version are you currently using?
    • Which DirectX version are you installing?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 11, 2020
  4. What is DirectX? How does it work? Versions, History and Troubleshooting

Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

What is DirectX? How does it work? Versions, History and Troubleshooting

1. What is DirectX? How does it work? Versions, History and Troubleshooting - Similar Threads - DirectX does Versions

2. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox DirectX version: I just upgraded my pc win7 to win10 but when i join Roblox it says Use directx 10 or greater level and i just changed my processor to duo core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-directx-version/dd329cac-060c-4de1-b91b-ec809a3c9f71
  3. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox DirectX version: I just upgraded my pc win7 to win10 but when i join Roblox it says Use directx 10 or greater level and i just changed my processor to duo core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-directx-version/dd329cac-060c-4de1-b91b-ec809a3c9f71
  4. Roblox DirectX version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Directx 12 not supported? What does it mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 not supported? What does it mean?: So, what exactly does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-not-supported-what-does-it-mean/1f9e87e5-892a-4b9a-bc14-3a8d6ffb8757
  6. Directx 12 not supported? What does it mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12 not supported? What does it mean?: So, what exactly does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-not-supported-what-does-it-mean/1f9e87e5-892a-4b9a-bc14-3a8d6ffb8757
  7. File History Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Does Not Work: Hi, For the past few days, File History on my Windows 10 Home 20H2 has stopped working. In Settings, "Back up options" opens after a noticeable delay and displays the size of my back-up as zero bytes with the message' "Your data is not yet backed up". On clicking "Back...
  8. DirectX version not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX version not compatible?: I am trying to get the online game The Elder Scrolls to run, but when I hit play, I get a message saying that the DirectX version is unsupported. It gives you an information link in the hopes of fixing this problem, and it says that the game needs DirectX 11 to run. My laptop...
  9. What does Error Directx F0000FFE mean

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does Error Directx F0000FFE mean: What does Error Directx F0000FFE mean when trying to play on Bigfish games site as I my desktop computer is HP Pavillion and has the lastest windows update Thanking you Christina Sowter *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. FSX and DirectX version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX and DirectX version: Just installed FSX on a new computer. When I start FSX I get an "DirectX incompatible" message that tells me to install DirectX 9 or go to MS and install the latest version. I checked and I have version 12. What else do I have to do to get FSX to run?...