Windows 10: what is dllhost? It has popped up on 2 sites now

Discus and support what is dllhost? It has popped up on 2 sites now in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just wondering what the heck is dllhost on win10 and I just updated my stuff on my PC It just randomly popped up as I was looking at a Reddit article... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stormigrl, May 10, 2020.

1. stormigrl Win User

what is dllhost? It has popped up on 2 sites now

Just wondering what the heck is dllhost on win10 and I just updated my stuff on my PC

It just randomly popped up as I was looking at a Reddit article 2x

Do I need to update something?

Please help

:)

stormigrl, May 10, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Is there a simple way to adjust (change) my web site rating when I get a pop up block?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which web browser are you using?
    If you’re using Microsoft EDGE then, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To turn on pop-up blocker follow the steps below

• Open Microsoft Edge browser. Click on "More actions" link (...) at right side on address bar

• In "More actions" menu, Click on "Settings" to open Settings screen.

• In "Settings" screen, click "View advanced settings" button below "Advanced settings"

• In "Advanced settings" screen, turn ON toggle button below the "Block pop-ups" to block the pop-ups. Turn OFF toggle button to unblock the pop-ups

If you’re using Internet Explorer then, I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...rity-privacy-settings#ie=ie-11&pop-up_blocker

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 10, 2020
  3. reidcc Win User
    SuSe 10.2 MP3 support ?'s

I can help here... but only via a site where I found this before. I can't even remember the site, but search in Google for "Hacking SUSE 10.2"

The first site that pops up will list the steps necessary to add MP3 support(and other plug-ins and DVD support) to SUSE.

Chris

reidcc, May 10, 2020
  4. what is dllhost? It has popped up on 2 sites now

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, May 10, 2020
Thema:

what is dllhost? It has popped up on 2 sites now

1. what is dllhost? It has popped up on 2 sites now - Similar Threads - dllhost has popped

2. What is this pop up about?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this pop up about?: Hello, I've been receiving a pop up that indicates: DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL A COMPATIBLE WINDOWS APP RUNTIME NOW? The pop up also indicates the following:MC-WINS-CLIENT.EXE. --This application could not be started.The application requires Windows App Runtime version 1.2MSIX...
  3. What is this pop up about?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this pop up about?: Hello, I've been receiving a pop up that indicates: DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL A COMPATIBLE WINDOWS APP RUNTIME NOW? The pop up also indicates the following:MC-WINS-CLIENT.EXE. --This application could not be started.The application requires Windows App Runtime version 1.2MSIX...
  4. 2 command pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 command pops up: I didn't get to see because it was extremely fast.I was supposed to click shut down but clicked on sign out instead, so I re-opened my laptop and shut down it again but a command popped up 2 times. I have been experiencing this for 2 times now. One today, one last week.Any...
  5. 2 command pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 command pops up: I didn't get to see because it was extremely fast.I was supposed to click shut down but clicked on sign out instead, so I re-opened my laptop and shut down it again but a command popped up 2 times. I have been experiencing this for 2 times now. One today, one last week.Any...
  6. What is THIS Pop-UP about?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is THIS Pop-UP about?: Because it sure isn't coming from Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-this-pop-up-about/cbd0267d-eb63-4114-9153-f250f61d66d9
  7. What is this Pop-up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this Pop-up?: [ATTACH] I've been getting this pop-up out of nowhere can someone explain what it is and how to turn it off. (Wndows 10) submitted by /u/Disguised_Comunist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv5r41/what_is_this_popup/
  8. Pop/up says Windows10 is about to expire--now what

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pop/up says Windows10 is about to expire--now what: Took my PC to a tech. He did some work and reinstalled Windows10. Then I began getting a popup that says it is about to expire. If there is one thing I don-t need more of at this time it-s stress! Sooooo I was going to do the simple thing ///// go to Microsoft Store and...
  9. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge: Hi, Is there a way to allow pop-ups in Edge? Thanks and regards, 23933
  10. What's with the annoying pop-up?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's with the annoying pop-up?: Hey guys, hope someone here can help me out with this minor nuisance. Every time I restart windows 10, about 10 to 15 minutes during use, I get a cmd(command prompt) pop up with the word schtasks.exe and then it automatically closes. This can get rather annoying while gaming...