Windows 10: What is "DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP/UDP 645HD8HD73BD83H-DH73D37-D37DG3"???

Discus and support What is "DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP/UDP 645HD8HD73BD83H-DH73D37-D37DG3"??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Is there anyone who may provide an explanation to my query? I have never seen a Windows Firewall create its own set of Inbound Rules.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rick_Firewire, Jan 18, 2019.

1. What is "DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP/UDP 645HD8HD73BD83H-DH73D37-D37DG3"???

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone who may provide an explanation to my query? I have never seen a Windows Firewall create its own set of Inbound Rules.

I have this showing up out of nowhere, without any idea how it was created:

"DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP 645HD8HD73BD83H-DH73D37-D37DG3""DNS Server Forward Rule - UDP 645HD8HD73BD83H-DH73D37-D37DG3"

They come in pairs, one for both the UDP and TCP protocol. At first I suspected a rootkit disguising its sent data as DNS traffic, am still unsure what this is. They all seem to be going through the standard Port 53, connections are stated to be allowed, nothing specified under Programs Tab.

My main question is, if this is a concern for malware/rootkit? I have also completely reset the Windows 10 PC via the "Clean all drives.." option, then reinstalled a new version of windows after that. These DNS rule have reappeared again.

Ps: the string of characters after TCP/UDP, shown in my example are fabricated, I did not post the real characters in case it represented something private. But they look something like that.

Is there anyone that can help?

Thanks.

:)

Rick_Firewire, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Windyandy Win User

WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?

Hello,

while investigating a problem in Windows 10 - which is now solved and solution is unrelated to this question -

I checked the list of Exceptions in the Windows Firewall.

Among the many entries there are

70 different

DNS Forwarding Rule - TCP - xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-0 Private ON Public ON

(or UDP)

Does anyone know how these Rules come about and what purpose they serve?

Could this be some malware redirecting web-addresses?

Or could it be related to the Windows-Insider Program? (no answer on this there).

Regards,

Andreas

Windyandy, Jan 18, 2019
  3. max_6001 Win User
    Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps

The apps had access to Private and Public and are called:

DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP - (long string of numbers and letters)

DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP - (long string of numbers and letters)

DNS Server Forward Rule - UDP - (long string of numbers and letters)

DNS Server Forward Rule - UDP - (long string of numbers and letters)

Hope its nothing but you never know.

EDIT: I cannot remove them. The remove button is grayed out.

max_6001, Jan 18, 2019
  4. ugn10 Win User

What is "DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP/UDP 645HD8HD73BD83H-DH73D37-D37DG3"???

How to configure Port Forwarding?

HI,

My router gets different IP addresses. Dynamic DNS is enabled.

I have to configure port forwarding in my router. While configuring port forwarding, I need to fill following details:

• Internal IP
    • Internal Port
    • Remote IP
    • External Port
    • Protocol (TCP/UDP)

Please guide me to configure Port Forwarding in my router.

Regards
    UGN

ugn10, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

What is "DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP/UDP 645HD8HD73BD83H-DH73D37-D37DG3"???

1. What is "DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP/UDP 645HD8HD73BD83H-DH73D37-D37DG3"??? - Similar Threads - DNS Server Forward

2. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCP and UDP connections: I was looking at the connections on my Win10 workstation and noticed an EC2 connection. I don’t use or have an AWS account.What TCP and UDP connections should be there?...
  3. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TCP and UDP connections: I was looking at the connections on my Win10 workstation and noticed an EC2 connection. I don’t use or have an AWS account.What TCP and UDP connections should be there?...
  4. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  6. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  7. TCP 6 and UDP 17

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TCP 6 and UDP 17: I want to change these settings for zoom from the firewall. but when I go to change them I am not able to. I am on the admin acct. How do I change them? submitted by /u/heyitsurmom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9hern/tcp_6_and_udp_17/
  8. Suspicious DNS Rule.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious DNS Rule.: Hello. I was checking Windows Firewall and it came to my attention that, for these past few weeks, I have been seeing a suspicious set of rules that keep reappearing in my inbound rule set. These rules do not go away when I delete them and sometimes more of them appear. I...
  9. Setting up a DNS server that forward to OpenDNS?

Setting up a DNS server that forward to OpenDNS?: Hello, In my small office I currently have setup DD-WRT with OpenDNS as a filesharing site blocking method. However, when they take these laptops outside, they connect their own hotspot and unblock all file sharing sites. Is it possible to setup my own DNS server, which...
  10. WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?

WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?: Hello, while investigating a problem in Windows 10 - which is now solved and solution is unrelated to this question - I checked the list of Exceptions in the Windows Firewall. Among the many entries there are 70 different DNS Forwarding Rule - TCP -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dns server forward rule

2. dns server forward rule windows firewall

3. DNS Server Forward Rule - UDP

4. dns server forward rule - tcp -,
  5. windows firewall dns server forward rule,
  6. dns server forward rule firewall,
  7. dns server forward rule tcp,
  8. DNS Server forward rules,
  9. dns server forward rule windows 10,
  10. dns server forward rule in firewall,
  11. windows firewall dns forwarding rule,