Windows 10: What is Elevation Helper

Discus and support What is Elevation Helper in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Morning Guys, Up until a few moments ago, I've always thought that this programme that keeps popping up on my computer screen every now & then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YanAndrew, Apr 11, 2017.

1. YanAndrew Win User

What is Elevation Helper

Morning Guys,

Up until a few moments ago, I've always thought that this programme that keeps popping up on my computer screen every now & then called, Elevation Helper is an element within the BitDefender Anti-Virus.

I have just received confirmation from BitDefender that it is not and their advice is to remove the programme.

My questions:
    1. Does anyone know what this Elevation Helper programme is and what it does?
    2. How do I remove it since it does not show up on my list of installed programmes?

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Andrew

:)

YanAndrew, Apr 11, 2017
  2. pink_butterfly, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Lorelei K Win User
    What is Twitter Widget Log Helper?

I keep on seeing this in the browsing history on Internet explorer no one else uses my phone and I don't use Twitter. When I delete it from the history, it reappears after about 3-5 days. I am using a Nokia Lumia 635 if that is something to do with it.

Lorelei K, Apr 11, 2017
  4. What is Elevation Helper

Hi YanAndrew.

It appears this very well could be theirs.

https://forum.bitdefender.com/index....tdefender-srl/

If you click on link in last post of that thread it takes you here.

https://forum.bitdefender.com/index....vation-helper/

They seem to have a fix mentioned in that thread.

The other place it may be coming from, according to Google, is the Windows Live Tool bar. Are you using Windows Essentials or Live Mail? If so be aware it is off support.

Finally the last thing mentioned is it could be malware, If so, BitDefender should be able to address. If not I would use MalwareBytes, the older Version 2. If you use the newest be aware that some people are having glitchy errors. Maybe try hitman pro.

One real test assuming you know what causes message, like boot or plugging in USB key, and you aren't using Essentials, uninstall BitDefender and see if you get error. (Just as a test.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 11, 2017
  5. YanAndrew Win User
    Thank you, Ken.

I'll go back to BitDefender now.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What is Elevation Helper

1. What is Elevation Helper - Similar Threads - Elevation Helper

2. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  3. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  4. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...
  5. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...
  6. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  8. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  9. Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions

Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions: Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 is running everything with elevated permissions after logging in.I'm not sure if it was a registry or group policy change that could have caused this.Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions: Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 is running everything with elevated permissions after logging in.I'm not sure if it was a registry or group policy change that could have caused this.Any help would be appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elevation helper

2. elevation helper bitdefender

3. what is elevation helper

4. is elevation helper safe?,
  5. bitdefemder elevation helper,
  6. elevation helper microsoft,
  7. how to remove elevations helper,
  8. elevation helper bitdefender issue,
  9. where is bitdefender elevation helper,
  10. elevation helper.com,
  11. was ist elevation helper,