Windows 10: What is event 4672?

Discus and support What is event 4672? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've experienced some real interesting and worrying issues with my pc. It has taken over my life effected me psychologically and I feel as if in a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Victa Kilo, Aug 8, 2019.

1. What is event 4672?

I've experienced some real interesting and worrying issues with my pc. It has taken over my life effected me psychologically and I feel as if in a virtual prison. I got 1903. What is going on?

:)

Victa Kilo, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time.

Events 4672 (Special privileges assigned to new logon) and 4624 (An account was successfully logged on) happen together 3 times and Event 5379 (Credential Manager credentials were read) happens 9 times and i'm positive this is what is causing this.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this causes a lockup?

Ryan Olrod, Aug 8, 2019
  4. What is event 4672?

Event id is 4672 and Delegate Session User (windows 10 - security)

Is this an event log of an intrusion in the computer?

I ask this particulary because the event id is 4672, which means special privilegies, and because of the "DelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege". Is this mean that someone else have access to the computer?

And, btw, in the windows 10 home edition how to deny that "delegate session user"?

Thanks

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}" />

<EventID>4672</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>0</Level>

<Task>12548</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8020000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-01-25T10:52:17.045832200Z" />

<EventRecordID>58738</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{A16D797C-92DD-0001-E879-6DA1DD92D301}" />

<Execution ProcessID="684" ThreadID="25696" />

<Channel>Security</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-FTOPHRU</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="SubjectUserSid">S-1-5-18</Data>

<Data Name="SubjectUserName">SYSTEM</Data>

<Data Name="SubjectDomainName">NT AUTHORITY</Data>

<Data Name="SubjectLogonId">0x3e7</Data>

<Data Name="PrivilegeList">SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeTcbPrivilege

SeSecurityPrivilege

SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

SeLoadDriverPrivilege

SeBackupPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilege

SeDebugPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

ArturBorges1, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

What is event 4672?

1. What is event 4672? - Similar Threads - event 4672

2. Windows Event ID 4624 & 4672 Causing my Fans ARGB & AIO ARGB to go Rainbow mode for about...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Event ID 4624 & 4672 Causing my Fans ARGB & AIO ARGB to go Rainbow mode for about...: Windows Event ID 4624 & 4672 Causing my Fans ARGB & AIO ARGB to go Rainbow mode for about 0.5-1 secondAnd it is happening more than once every time I use my PC.When it happens the Rainbow Color ARGB cycle I will check event viewer and notice every time it happen it is the...
  3. Windows Event ID 4624 & 4672 Causing my Fans ARGB & AIO ARGB to go Rainbow mode for about...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Event ID 4624 & 4672 Causing my Fans ARGB & AIO ARGB to go Rainbow mode for about...: Windows Event ID 4624 & 4672 Causing my Fans ARGB & AIO ARGB to go Rainbow mode for about 0.5-1 secondAnd it is happening more than once every time I use my PC.When it happens the Rainbow Color ARGB cycle I will check event viewer and notice every time it happen it is the...
  4. Windows Event ID 4624 & 4672 Causing my Fans ARGB & AIO ARGB to go Rainbow mode for about...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Event 5739 & 4672

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 5739 & 4672: Ive searched all over the internet about this and haven't found a solution. I have even done a Full pc wipe thinking that would help But Nothing. My Event Viewer is filled with 5379 mainly. I get some stutters when the event happens Aswell...
  6. Event 5739 & 4672

Event 5739 & 4672: Ive searched all over the internet about this and haven't found a solution. I have even done a Full pc wipe thinking that would help But Nothing. My Event Viewer is filled with 5379 mainly. I get some stutters when the event happens Aswell...
  7. Event 5739 & 4672

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Are Special Logons Suspicious? Event id: 4672

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are Special Logons Suspicious? Event id: 4672: Hello, I've noticed multiple different "special logon" events event id: 4672 wherein some of the events have different privileges than others. Is this normal? some of the privileges were:SeSecurityPrivilege, SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege, SeLoadDriverPrivilege, SeBackupPrivilege,...
  9. Are Special Logons Suspicious? Event id: 4672

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Special Logons Suspicious? Event id: 4672: Hello, I've noticed multiple different "special logon" events event id: 4672 wherein some of the events have different privileges than others. Is this normal? some of the privileges were:SeSecurityPrivilege, SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege, SeLoadDriverPrivilege, SeBackupPrivilege,...
  10. Are Special Logons Suspicious? Event id: 4672

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event id 4672 credentials read

2. what is 5379 Credential Manager credentials were read

3. windows 10 home edition event id 5379 credentials were enumerated

4. microsoft-windows-perfnet