Windows 10: What is event 4672?

Discus and support What is event 4672? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've experienced some real interesting and worrying issues with my pc. It has taken over my life effected me psychologically and I feel as if in a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Victa Kilo, Aug 8, 2019.

1. What is event 4672?

I've experienced some real interesting and worrying issues with my pc. It has taken over my life effected me psychologically and I feel as if in a virtual prison. I got 1903. What is going on?

:)

Victa Kilo, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time.

Events 4672 (Special privileges assigned to new logon) and 4624 (An account was successfully logged on) happen together 3 times and Event 5379 (Credential Manager credentials were read) happens 9 times and i'm positive this is what is causing this.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this causes a lockup?

Ryan Olrod, Aug 8, 2019
  4. What is event 4672?

Event id is 4672 and Delegate Session User (windows 10 - security)

Is this an event log of an intrusion in the computer?

I ask this particulary because the event id is 4672, which means special privilegies, and because of the "DelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege". Is this mean that someone else have access to the computer?

And, btw, in the windows 10 home edition how to deny that "delegate session user"?

Thanks

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}" />

<EventID>4672</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>0</Level>

<Task>12548</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8020000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-01-25T10:52:17.045832200Z" />

<EventRecordID>58738</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{A16D797C-92DD-0001-E879-6DA1DD92D301}" />

<Execution ProcessID="684" ThreadID="25696" />

<Channel>Security</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-FTOPHRU</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="SubjectUserSid">S-1-5-18</Data>

<Data Name="SubjectUserName">SYSTEM</Data>

<Data Name="SubjectDomainName">NT AUTHORITY</Data>

<Data Name="SubjectLogonId">0x3e7</Data>

<Data Name="PrivilegeList">SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeTcbPrivilege

SeSecurityPrivilege

SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

SeLoadDriverPrivilege

SeBackupPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilege

SeDebugPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

ArturBorges1, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

What is event 4672?

1. What is event 4672? - Similar Threads - event 4672

2. Event ID: 2004 games are stuttering onlu Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID: 2004 games are stuttering onlu Audio: I have a problem with games on Windows 10. The game stutters and you can only hear the sounds. In the event log I have: Log Name:Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet Date: 20.08.2019 16:12:36 Event ID:2004 Task category:Brak Level: Error...
  3. Windows randomly restarts (with event logs)

Windows randomly restarts (with event logs): (Windows 10 home 64bit; intel i7-9700k; 32gb Ram) My computer randomly restarts itself with no prompt what so ever, sometimes it happens during heavier workloads (running benchmarks) other times it just restarts itself when I'm just browsing youtube via Chrome. Things I've...
  4. Calendar app on Windows 10 not showing events created on iPhone/iCloud.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app on Windows 10 not showing events created on iPhone/iCloud.: Hello All, Kindly help me here if anyone else has faced similar issue and have been able to resolve the same. On my windows 10 machine, I'm syncing my mails, calendars & contacts with Mail, Calendar & People apps respectively. Everything except one, is working like charm....
  5. How do I disable BITS without it triggering Perflib Event ID 1008?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable BITS without it triggering Perflib Event ID 1008?: The problem I have with Background Intelligence Transfer is that it keeps switching to auto from manual and vice versa every 10-15 minutes. "The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start." If I disable...
  6. Event ID 4207 TCPIP in Windows 10 system log

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event ID 4207 TCPIP in Windows 10 system log: Running Windows 10 Pro on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Since updating to the Spring 2019 Update (1903), I am seeing four event id 4207 errors in the system log on every start/restart. The errors are: The IPv6 TCP/IP interface with index 16 failed to bind to its provider....
  7. My computer froze event viewer seems to think it is BSOD But I got no blue screen

My computer froze event viewer seems to think it is BSOD But I got no blue screen: So I was just browsing the web and suddenly, my mouse is gone and everything was unresponsive. Everything froze. So I restarted the computer by pressing the restart button on my PC. When it came back on, I immediately went to check the event viewer and I saw this: The...
  8. Video System Shutting Down and Producing Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Support
    Video System Shutting Down and Producing Event ID 41: Hi I have a PC which appears to shutdown the video system only which produces an Event ID 41 but DOES NOT REBOOT THE PC. To get the PC video up and running I do a manual reboot by pressing my PC's RESET button. I can be accessed over the network with no trouble whilst my...
  9. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing: I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time. Events 4672 (Special privileges...
  10. Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?: My window 10 machine continues to freeze for 5-30 seconds intermittently. [ATTACH] I am running with an boot drive on an M2 SSD, which seems to be a common thread of most people having this issue. I have already done the SFC scan, and the reset/validation of all...