Windows 10: What is filling up my disk space?

Discus and support What is filling up my disk space? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran disk cleanup, the total file size in my C drive is 58.2GB But my 100GB SSD has only 14GB left, any idea what is hogging the disk space?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Player459709007, Mar 28, 2019.

1. What is filling up my disk space?

I ran disk cleanup, the total file size in my C drive is 58.2GB

But my 100GB SSD has only 14GB left, any idea what is hogging the disk space?

What is filling up my disk space? 587b1a22-ed4c-4f36-96eb-b63453865415?upload=true.jpg

:)

Player459709007, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Mar 28, 2019
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 28, 2019
  4. What is filling up my disk space?

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

What is filling up my disk space?

1. What is filling up my disk space? - Similar Threads - filling disk space

2. Why Reconnect Disk notification fills my disk up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Reconnect Disk notification fills my disk up?: So there's this reconnect disk notification that i ignore most of the time. This is the second time it happens that i accidentally misclicked the notification and it filled up my disk by 10+ GB. I don't know what the files are and where they are in the computer and its...
  3. Why Reconnect Disk notification fills my disk up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Reconnect Disk notification fills my disk up?: So there's this reconnect disk notification that i ignore most of the time. This is the second time it happens that i accidentally misclicked the notification and it filled up my disk by 10+ GB. I don't know what the files are and where they are in the computer and its...
  4. Why Reconnect Disk notification fills my disk up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk C Fills Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk C Fills Up: When I use disk cleanup and delete some files, disk C fills up space even I empty the recycle bin still fills up space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-fills-up/85adbae7-1200-40bf-8b42-86232ca6d262
  6. Disk C Fills Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk C Fills Up: When I use disk cleanup and delete some files, disk C fills up space even I empty the recycle bin still fills up space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-fills-up/85adbae7-1200-40bf-8b42-86232ca6d262
  7. Storage space keeps filling up

Storage space keeps filling up: My hard drive space has been filling up recently, and most people say to uninstall stuff or to install an app to help. But since my storage space is already full, and some apps won't uninstall. Plus, it says that I have 221 GB in apps, even though the total amount of apps I...
  8. disk filling up to 100%

disk filling up to 100%: Whenever I open task manager, My disk shows filled up to 100% even if no task is running and I've tried tons of ways over the internet but nothing helped me. Please give me some other way so that I can avoid filling up of disk....
  9. C drive space filling Up

C drive space filling Up: Whenever I open any application and i check my disk space 3-4gb automatically filled up. There's also extra space taken by some applications when I install them as compare to there requirement. I have tried resetting windows but this problem exist. My drive health is also...
  10. Disk space is filled up unnecessarily!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk space is filled up unnecessarily!!: I tried to update windows to version 2004 but the update is not installed.Rather it is downloaded again again and consuming my disk space.My disk space has almost filled up.What should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats filling my disk